Quantcast Must do's at Sea World?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Must do's at Sea World?

Whew!! I just finished rearranging our schedule for our trip to WDW in March. We added The Pirates and Princesses Party on the 11th But, I had to cancel Hoop De Doo Musical Revue for that night. Turns out FIL was really disappointed that we wouldn't be going this trip. He LOVED it last time! So, I called and got a reservation for March 12th, which is the day I had planned on going to Sea World.

We have 8:10 am ADR's at Kona Cafe on the 12th. The ressie for HDD is 7:15, which means we have to be at Fort Wilderness at 6:45. We're probably going get a car service to and from Sea World.

I figure we won't get to Sea World until 10 am and we have to leave by 5. Does that seem right, or will the ride take longer?

My DD and I are very excited to go to Sea World. I went 20 years ago (gulp!) and loved it. What are the must do's now?! We aren't rollercoaster people, so that's out. We definitely want to see Shamu and dolphins. I seem to remember, but it was a long time ago, a touch tank that had dolphins swimming in it. Is that still there? My DD would LOVE it. I promised her when she's a little older we'll go to Discovery Island and she can swim with the dolphins. I want her to get to see as much as possible in the time we're there, she loves animals and wants to be a vet when she grows up!

Any help you guys can give me would be great!!
    Melissa

4/87 offsite, 3/05 AKL, 10/06 WL, 3/08 GF, 1/09 WL, 3/09 Poly, 10/09 SSR, 1/10 AKV, 10/10 BLT, 12/10 AKV, 2/11 Poly, 5/11 BCV, 10/11 BLT, 12/11 WL, 5/12 1st Cruise on the Dream & BWV, 10/12 BLT!

"...That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." Walt Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We went to SW on our most recent trip. It was our first time there and I loved it. I only wish that I had been able to see everything.

I really enjoyed the Blue Horizons show (dolphins) and the Shamu show. I also liked watching the sea lions and getting the chance to feed them. Also great was the penguin encounter. I could have watched them for hours.

We missed the area with the sharks. We also didn't do Discovery Cove. The park didn't have the sea lion show that I had seen on television. I don't know if this is something that they don't have during the off season or not.

I know that you'll have a great time. If you need to get to SW from WDW you can have a Mears shuttle pick you up from your resort.
    Next Trip: November 2008-- Disney Cruise: Land (the Poly) & Sea (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

Since I think most of the rides are rollercoaster type that leaves you with shows. We like the Clyde and Seamore show, if ya get there early there is a mime who makes fun of people as they walk in . Another cute show is called Pets Ahoy, it's a little show with animals you would have as pets. I guess most of the shows are pretty good. I think it is a beautiful park to walk around in, at least it was last year when I was there last.

Yes there is a place where you can feed and try to touch dolphins, touch stingrays.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

My DW and I have been to SW a few times this year. I would definitely recommend the shows, and the up-close-and-personal animal exhibits. We love to see the penguins, dolphins, sting-rays, and the sharks. If you have time you should check out the underwater restaurant there. A little pricey, but to eat and see sharks swimming around you is a neat experience.

My wife and I want to go to Discovery Cove, but you'll need to make a reservation and it is expensive if you want to swim with the dolphins. I think it'll be well worth it though.

Dave
    Dave
    PAP Since Oct-2007
    Too many visits to count.
    VMK: StormyNewTurtle

Latest: DW (Fallendroplet) and I are expecting a new Disney fan!!! Due mid-July 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

We did one of the behind the scenes tours and paid I think $10.00 each. It was a great tour and at the end we got to pet a real live penguin "Two fingures right down their spine"

Post Thanks / Like

The 3 Major Shows
    Shamu Show
    Whale and Dolphin Show
    Clyde and Seymore Show

Of the Animal Exhibits
    Terrors of the Deep
    Penquin Encounter

Rides (if you like thrills)
    Kraken
    Atlantis
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Rides (if you like thrills)
    Kraken
    Atlantis
    We saw a show on TV about the building of Kraken, 2 words, NO WAY! There is no way you'll ever catch DH and I on that!!
    Melissa

4/87 offsite, 3/05 AKL, 10/06 WL, 3/08 GF, 1/09 WL, 3/09 Poly, 10/09 SSR, 1/10 AKV, 10/10 BLT, 12/10 AKV, 2/11 Poly, 5/11 BCV, 10/11 BLT, 12/11 WL, 5/12 1st Cruise on the Dream & BWV, 10/12 BLT!

"...That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I would make sure that I went through the shark exhibit, the manatee exhibit, the penguin exhibit and the dolphin exhibit. My kids like the artic exhibit (beluga whales) but I could skip it. My kids also like feeding the sea lions.

Most people stay up-top at the dolphin exhibit because they want to feed and pet them. It's worth it to walk around the corner to the underwater viewing area and see them from the water view.

May 2002 WDW
    February 6- 11, 2006 WDW
    September 23-27, 2006 WDW
    September 1-September 9, 2007 WDW
    August 29 - September 6, 2009 WDW
    February 4, 2012 - February 12, 2012 WDW

Post Thanks / Like

I totally LOVE their Escape to Atlantis or something like that (their version of the log ride). VERY VERY cool.

Of course the Kraken (this thing is a BLAST)

Seal and Walarus show is a MUST...

And the Shark Resturant and Aquarium is great...If you don't want to eat at LEAST go to the bar for a drink...it's mesmerizing.

I'm always a sucker for feeding the Sting Rays...I like to pet them. My favorite tale was when I went with my parents as a kid...well...18 year old.

Dad being an old fisherman...didn't want to have ANYTHING to do with the sting rays...Finally got talked into feeding ONE. Well of course wouldn't you know the BIGGEST stingray in the pool (he swears it was the size of a volkswagon)...came up and attempted to take the fish out of his hand and ended up sucking his arm up to the ELBOW.

Dad got so nervous that he clamped his fingers around that fish quite tightly so the ray just kept sucking harder and harder. It's floppy lips slapping around his elbow. We finally nudged him and he let go of the shrimp. As soon as he released the fish, the ray spit his arm out and moved on. After carefully checking that his arm was still attached he dashed up to the counter to buy more food. I swear I was dealing with Captian Ahab after that...as he whistled for "Moby Ray"...I think he fed that thing 2 trays of fish.

See EVERYTHING...I believe too that next year SeaWorld should be opening a second "separate" water park with a glass tube that you will slide through and have fish all around you....
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden's Dad View Post
    We did one of the behind the scenes tours and paid I think $10.00 each. It was a great tour and at the end we got to pet a real live penguin "Two fingures right down their spine"
    We did this tour, too, I forget the cost, but it was a real treat! We actually didn't see any shows while we were there, but this behind-the-scenes tour made up for it. Your daughter would probably really enjoy it if she's thinking about a future as a vet.

Petting a penguin was one of the highlights of the trip for DD (4 at the time).
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thrillme View Post
    ISee EVERYTHING...I believe too that next year SeaWorld should be opening a second "separate" water park with a glass tube that you will slide through and have fish all around you....

The new water park will be called "Aquatica", and it's directly across the street from SeaWorld. My friends and I are planning to go on opening day, if we can find a ride and someone willing to pay admission. I don't know if it costs extra to get in, but I have a feeling it does, since we just got a letter telling us to update our passes to include Aquatica.
    I always like going to the kids section, where they have less intimidating rides, like a 30-second Shamu coaster, which is very smooth, and they take your picture. There is also one that kind of resembles a mini TOT, but is much smaller, and very gentle.
    Definetly visit the animals, and if you don't want to ride Wild Artic (which is getting a temporary refurb to model "The Polar Express" for the holidays), take the non-moving one, or go in the back way (at the back of the gift shop, there is a doorway that takes you straight to the animals. We call it the special passholder door). You could probably skip Blue Horizons. IMH, it's not nearly as good as the old dolphin show. Clyde and Seamore, definetly, and the Pets Ahoy show, and maybe the SkyTower. Also, sometimes there are men who do a little performance like Smear, Splat, & Dip at AK down at the Waterfront, by the Pets Ahoy show building.
    I've been going to WDW since birth, and now I work there.
    Proud Baton Twirler!
    "Oh look, my tax dollars at work coming to arrest me, " Reily Pool, NT2
    Go UCF and UF!

Post Thanks / Like

We loved the dolphin show, the underwater shark viewing, penguins, stingrays, dolphins (boy did we get soaked feeding them!), Journey to Atlantis, the Clydesdales, and Shamu's Happy Harbor (play area and children's rides).

Oh, and that huge stingray is still there. I couldn't believe how BIG it was! I didn't feed that one, though. Make sure you hold the food the way they show you in the signs. We were just holding it the first time (before we saw it) and it's really not the same

We were there on 11/10 and missed Wild Arctic and when we went back on 11/13, it was closed for refurbishment. Bummer. Hope it's open when you get there!

The new water park looks great.......we'll definitely give that a try.
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merlinmagic4 View Post
    Oh, and that huge stingray is still there. I couldn't believe how BIG it was! I didn't feed that one, though. Make sure you hold the food the way they show you in the signs. We were just holding it the first time (before we saw it) and it's really not the same
    I forgot about the sting ray tank! I was the only one brave enough to feed the rays, and one grabbed ahold of my finger and wouldn't let go. Guess it thought my finger was a fish, tried to chew my finger off LOL WEIRD feeling! The girl working the tank told me not to worry, the rays won't break the bone, they'll just crush it.

That's reassuring why?

It was fun, though...
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: