Quantcast is EPCOT worth it??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool is EPCOT worth it??

heyy everyone,

i havent been to Epcot since i was young and now im much older...I remmeber it being boring...,maybe bc i was young. Can you guys help me out and give me some info on epcot..what fun things are there...dining...and other things!!

Thanks!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

First off, EPCOT is the dinner park. Not all, but many of the best restaurants in WDW are in EPCOT, so for that reason alone, you want to hit it.
    As for attractions, there's alot more that appeals to older guests than little kids... but then again, there's a couple thrill rides there as well. For dark ride types, you'll want to see Spaceship Earth, Finding Nemo (at the Living Seas) and probably Journey into Imagination with Figment. For the thrill rides, check out Test Track and Mission Space.
    Oops... gotta run. SOmebody else can fill you in on the countries...
    Rob
    WDW Trips - Too many to list due to sig file character count limit! :(

Most Recent Cruise: DCL 7-day Western Caribbean Cruise - 12/29/07 - 01/05/08 - New Year's Eve at Sea! Woo Hoo!

Most Recent WDW Trip: 5-day stay at Old Key West 12/6/12 - 12/10/12

Post Thanks / Like

Epcot is my favorite park. We love World Showcase. It is a wonderful place to eat dinner.
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

For me EPCOT is a MUST DO!!

Like you as a child I wasn't that thrilled with EPCOT but as an adult (31 for 1 more day ) I make sure 1 and a half to 2 days is booked for EPCOT. I always feel like I never see it all because there is so much there and not enough time in WDW. I have never had a bad meal in EPCOT but some of my faves and highly recommended that I read are Coral Reef, Biergarten, Le Cellier & Garden Grill. I'm going in December and trying the new one in Japan (Teppan Edo). I've never done any of the shows so I am looking forward to them this time. There is so much that goes on in World Showcase that it's hard to catch it all. If you are interested in what it's like in other cultures then there is a lot to learn there. As for Future World, this is more of the exciting side. There are some great rides there (Soarin' & Test Track) that I wouldn't want to miss.

I hope this helps and have fun planning
    ~~ Layne ~~

Sept 14 -- Finally just us!!

Sept 13 - POR
    Oct 11 -- Disneyland
    July 10 -- Day Trip
    May 09 -- Poly
    Dec 07 -- Poly
    Sept 06 -- PO French Quarter
    June 98 -- Day Trip
    Aug 97 -- Coronado
    July 84 -- Poly
    July 82 -- Contemporary
    July 80 -- Contemporary
    July 78 -- Buena Vista

Post Thanks / Like

Best park of the bunch. Simply put, if I have to choose one park over all others it's Epcot

If you were young (depending on how old you are now) then it might've seemed a bit boring (I was kind of a nerd so it was still my favorite then, too ). You'll love it now.

Dining is the best of all the parks; my not to be missed list is San Angel Inn in Mexico, Le Celier in Canada, Teppenyaki in Japan, the list goes on! Don't miss the pastries in France.

Attractions, my favorites for Future World are Test Track, Mission Space, Soarin and Spaceship Earth. My fav's in World Showcase are the American Adventure and IllumiNations at night (the best show in all of WDW in my opinion).

You can't miss it!
    "Hey! That's some destination!"

Post Thanks / Like

EPCOT gets better as you get older. They have also really changed some things over the past 10 years. The dining venues there are some of the better choices in the entire resort. Check out EPCOT, I bet you will love it.

Some fun attractions at EPCOT just to name a few:
    1) Spaceship Earth
    2) Mission Space
    3) Test Track
    4) Soarin' (never did it but will next trip)
    5) Living Seas with Nemo
    6) Malestrom
    7) Journey into your imagination with Figment
    8) The list goes on and on
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Sure is worth it. You'll find something to do or enjoy. I'll say I like World Show, butI don't care for much of the films. But the different shops and displays of each country is fun alone.
    Pimpin aint dead.... its just renamed.... Frozen.

Post Thanks / Like

OK - let's start with Future World. There are a lot of hands on competitive games in Innovations East & West. You can learn about hydroponics at Living with the Land, check out the sealife in the Living Seas. You can ride Soarin' which is a sensory flight, Test Track - hide speed car ride and feel like an astronaut on Mission Space. You can experience the life of communication in Spaceship Earth. Find out where we get energy with Ellen Degeneras. I sent a pretty cool email from journey into the Imagination.
    The countries are pretty interesting. The cast members are actually from whichever country they work in. The most exciting ride is in Norway, but you will also want to ride the River of Time in Mexico. In France, they have a show called the Impressions of France and it is very relaxing to watch. Trying to choose where to eat in Epcot is a challenge into itself. The food is authentic in each country.
    Don't try to do it all in one day. Relax and enjoy.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Epcot is my favorite park and it also has great shopping.Between the dining and the shopping what more could you want?lol
    Have a great trip!!!
    Wickedwitch

Port Orleans Riverside-December 2006
    Port Orleans Riverside-October2007
    All Star Movies -April 2008
    All Star Movies- May 2009-Can't wait!!

Post Thanks / Like

Epcot is our family's favorite park. Give it another chance, I think you will really enjoy it.
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

I can not imagine going to WDW and not going to MK & Epcot they are my favorite parks. I just love the rides in future world and the slower pace of World Showcase and visiting each country. Very Fun!!!
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

EPCOT is no a thrill a minute park like some. But, it is a wonderful place! It has some of the best rides at WDW! Soarin', Test Track, Mission Space and Spaceship Earth are awesome! Most of the other rides are really good also! And, if there is a patriotic bone in your body, the American Adventure show has to be on everyone's top ten list! As far as dining, no park has the selection or quality of EPCOT! LeCellier, Rose & Crown, Coral Reef and The Garden Grill are just a few of the fabulous restaurants that are available there! We always spend at least two days at EPCOT! We need one day for Future World and one for World Showcase! EPCOT is second only to MK in my opinion!
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I can't add too much to what everyone else has said, except to say that I, too, wasn't all that thrilled w/ Epcot when I was younger. But now, I love it, and never seem to get enough time there!! Plus, they've added so much with the rides and restaurants.... you're sure to want at least a full day there, and go on an empty stomach!! Have fun!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion, EPCOT is wonderful for any age, if you know what you ar doing. What I mean by that is if you are going to EPCOT for mindless rides, then you are going to be disappointed because you actually get to use your brain at EPCOT.

In World Showcase, for example, our kids always get a passport and take them to each country and have a CM stamp it for them. The CM talk to them in their native tongues, write the child's name in their language, and the kids learn a little about the culture of the country. Besides that, kids are obviously fascinated with the Disney movies, and here they can visit the Genie and Jasmine in Morocco, Belle and the Beast in France, Mary Poppins in England, Snow White in Germany, Mulan in China...just to name a few. They realize the places they have been watching on the movies for so long actually exist, and they want to learn more about them.

Many people have talked about Future World, so I will not elborate except to say not to skip Innoventions. There are so many cool things to experience, play with, and explore...very useful things like safety for children and environmental issues, where the kids love what they are playing with and are actually learning something at the same time.

I know people want to go on vacation and just chill out, but the memories people remember most are the ones where they pushed themselves a little further then they thought they could go, and it is in EPCOT where these memories are most available.
    1979, 1992, Mar 2000, July '02, March '03 - Contemporary; 1984 - Off Property; 1990, July 2006, Jan 2007 - Dolphin; 1998 - Old Key West; Oct. 1999, Jun 2007, Jan 2008 - Boardwalk Villas; March 2003 - CBR; July 2004 - WL
    July 2004, Jan 2006 - Swan; Nov 2006 - Disney Wonder Cruise;

Post Thanks / Like

I have been going to WDW for as long as I can remember. And I've loved EPCOT since I was little! The restaurants, shopping, landscaping, CERTAIN rides, etc..
    I think the rides are getting better as well!
    Loves me sum EPCOT! hehe
    [I][B]1983--Mom's tummy
    1987-1994- Orlando house
    1995- CBR
    1996- POR
    1999- CBR
    2000- CBR
    2000- DL Resort
    2005- Off-Site --Never again!
    October 2011- Fort Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

i felt the same way...epcot is such a snore when your young..but now that im 24..ive come to enjoy this park more and more...
    but then again..everyones tastes are different..and for all we know you may still end up not really liking the place..but i would definetly go back now and give it a try!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Im definetly going!!

I think im convienced!! Now i cant wait for EPCOT!...im very excited, thank you everyone!!

AwPhooey is offline Senior Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

There's no way I could visit WDW without a trip to Epcot!

Post Thanks / Like

We love EPCOT. It is a must do for us. If it is just adults on the trip, we spend more time there than any other park.

Poly--2010. POR 2010
    Poly and CR 2011
    POR- 2009
    Grand Floridian-2009
    Wilderness Lodge-2008
    Polynesian-2008
    Contemporary-2007
    Wilderness Lodge-2006 & 2006
    Off-Site-2006
    POR- YC POR 2005

CBR- 2004

Post Thanks / Like

My first trip to WDW was when I was 5 years old, I am now 35 have been back several times. I just said to my wife a few days ago that the older I get the more I enjoy EPCOT. It is now my 2nd favorite park. MK being #1. We went to the F&W festival last year and are heading back this year. I can't wait. I think EPCOT is like wine, it gets better with age.

2 more days!
    Planned for 2015, SSR in June, BWV in July
    14 AKL & BCV
    13 WLV & BCV & SSR
    12 AKV, BCV, POFQ
    11 Akv, BCV, SSR
    10 AKV, BCV, WLV
    09 AKV, BCV,POFQ
    08 BWV, WL & BC
    07 OKW
    06 SSR, OKW, BC, PR & DVC
    05 AKL, CBR, WL & HARDROCK