Quantcast Magical Express Question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Magical Express Question

We are wondering...

We have DME reservations for arriving Sunday. However, we don't really care if we go straight to Boardwalk Villas since it's not like we can get to a room or have our luggage or anything.

Is there any way when you check in you can just ask to get on the next open bus? We figured we'd just go to the first stop, get off, then play them park roulette - catch the first park bus that comes along and go there.
    Please wait to put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the auditorium, safely
    5/99 - All Star Movies
    12/00 - Boardwalk Villas
    10/01- Fort Wilderness
    10/07- Pop Century
    2001 - 2013 Boardwalk Villas
    5/13 - Port Orleans French Quarter

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Disney does not usually allow this but I always tell people it doesn't hurt to ask.
    I did take a couple of gentleman to the Grand Flo once even though they weren't staying there. They needed to get there for a meeting. It took some persuasion from all of us but we finally got the CM to say ok.
    But don't you want to at least get to your resort and check in? And you never know, you might get lucky and get your room right away.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Park Tickets

This assumes at least that you are not getting MYW tickets? They would be 'connected' to your room keys.

Post Thanks / Like

why aren't you getting your room? when you check in your room maybe ready and how else are you planning on getting your park hoppers? the park tickets are on your room key if you got a package.
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

To answer the questions:

We are DVC members and are staying at Boardwalk Villas.

We usually arrive around 11 a.m. In 8 years of visiting, we've NEVER gotten our room number given to us before 4 p.m. Yes, we can check in and get our room keys but we don't need them.

We don't use park hoppers. We have annual passes.

The last time we took DME to Boardwalk, it stopped at Carribean Beach on the way. I'm not sure how they do stops, or if they change according to crowds. Has anyone taken the MCO to Boardwalk trip via DME recently?
    Please wait to put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the auditorium, safely
    5/99 - All Star Movies
    12/00 - Boardwalk Villas
    10/01- Fort Wilderness
    10/07- Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Why don't you want to just go to any park and if you don't want to go into the park hop on the regular resort bus to your choosing? Is there something magical about magical express? (No offense Jeanne).
    I'd be afraid I would hop on a DME and it would send me back to the airport
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsMin View Post
    Why don't you want to just go to any park and if you don't want to go into the park hop on the regular resort bus to your choosing? Is there something magical about magical express? (No offense Jeanne).
    I'd be afraid I would hop on a DME and it would send me back to the airport
    I don't understand what you mean.

At the resorts, DME buses don't stop at the same stops as park buses do, and they don't look like Disney Transport buses, and you need a voucher to get on, and there will be people with luggage and stuff, so it's not like anyone could reasonably mistake one for another.

And the Disney Transport buses are clearly marked with their destinations.

The OP wants to get to a park ASAP. There are no buses from the airport to a park. So the OP is basically saying, "Let's take the quickest DME ride from the airport to any resort, and then at that resort let's take the first park bus that comes and go to that park."

Makes perfect sense to me. I'm not sure what you're suggesting ....

Post Thanks / Like

I believe that our tickets to get on DME had our names AND resort destination on them? They scan them both ways so I a not sure how this would work. When we got there there were several dme buses waiting and even though we just missed a bus heading to our resort it was only about another half hour or so before another one was there to take us. I guess it would be hard to say if there are 4-5 buses sitting there which one would be leaving first anyway.

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music
    9/07 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2009All Star Movie~Wedding Anniversary!
    January 2012 All Star Movies
    December 2013 - All Star Movies to celebrate birthdays!
    Planning our December 2015 "Paige's Sweet 16" Birthday Trip -Art of Animation!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have never seen a DME bus sriver check where you were supposed to get off at. If you are arriving with just what you would be taking into the park with you (meaning no luggage stored under the bus) I don't see why you would not be able to just get off at whatever hotel is on your bus that you want to.

There might be a problem if you were going to POP and wanted to get on a CR bus but if you're just wanting to get off at the first stop on you bus where your hotel is the third stop, I don't see an issue.

89 more days!!!
    Sherry

10 earlier times...
    1-08 ASMo ( MOM AND KIDS FOR 13 DAYS!!!)
    11-08 POP (Mom and Kids for 14 days!!!)
    4-21-10 thru 4-28-10 Pop Century (WE'RE GOING BACK!!!!!)
    8-13 thru 8-19-11 ASMo & 8-19 thru 8-28-11 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minniefan View Post
    The last time we took DME to Boardwalk, it stopped at Carribean Beach on the way. I'm not sure how they do stops, or if they change according to crowds. Has anyone taken the MCO to Boardwalk trip via DME recently?
    It depends on what demand is at the time as far as what resort guests are waiting at the airport. I never know which resorts I'm stopping at until I start loading up at the airport and don't have the final route in my mind until I'm actually leaving MCO.

Quote Originally Posted by MsMin View Post
    Is there something magical about magical express? (No offense Jeanne).
    I'd be afraid I would hop on a DME and it would send me back to the airport: (
    Really, Beth! Hmph!!!!!! Don't worry, hon. No offense taken

As far as going back to the airport I have to watch that people wanting to go to Animal Kingdom don't get on my bus. My bus is wrapped with an advertisement for Expedition Everest. And it has happened! One of our buses was on the way back to the airport and about halfway there someone walked up to the driver and asked if the bus wasn't going to MGM?
    But as CleveRocks mentioned, the DME buses and the Disney Transport buses in no way can be confused with each other. They pick up at different locations and each one has a marquee indicating it's destination! And if all else fails, simply ask the driver where he/she is going.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet822 View Post
    It depends on what demand is at the time as far as what resort guests are waiting at the airport. I never know which resorts I'm stopping at until I start loading up at the airport and don't have the final route in my mind until I'm actually leaving MCO.
    Thanks! That answered the question.
    5/99 - All Star Movies
    12/00 - Boardwalk Villas
    10/01- Fort Wilderness
    10/07- Pop Century

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: