Quantcast We're back from our longest trip yet! September 7-16 Day 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default We're back from our longest trip yet! September 7-16 Day 5

Cast members:
    DH-46
    Myself-36
    DD-13
    DS-9
    Father in-law has now joined us

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Well today we decided to go off property and visit Sea World(has always been a childhood favorite of mine.) And since it's non-Disney I won't bore you all with the details, but I do have a few quick comments on the subject.

Before we left for our vacation I looked on these boards and also contacted Sea World directly to figure out how to get from Disney to Sea World. I was told that a public trsnsportation bus(LYNX) stopped at the Ticket and Transportation Center for Sea World and it was only $1.50 per person. Well in all our pre-trip flurry of activity I forgot to print out the route information and bus number. So I stopped by the POR concierge to see if they could help me out. She said they would happily arrange for a Mears shuttle to take us there for $16.50 per person. I told her that I know we can take a LYNX bus but I didn't know the number. She then told me I didn't want to do that because it was a 2 hour bus ride one-way. I was really shocked I couldn't imagine any bus ride taking that long. So I went back to our room and called Sea World directly and they confirmed the bus but couldn't give me route time so they gave me the number to call Lynx directly. Lynx confirmed that it was a 38 minute bus ride at the most. Anyways, long story short, We took the Lynx bus #50 from the Ticket and Transportation Center to Sea World and back. It picked up there every 1 minute after the hour and 38 minutes after the hour. It was a very easy and smooth process and the busses are really nice, and it was only $1.50 per person. It stopped once in Downtown Disney Westside and once to let people transfer going to Universal Studios then it drops you off accross the parking lot of Sea World. On the way home you just cross the street to the other bus stop from the one you were dropped off at. I wish on our previous trips that we had known how easy this process was. I was a little disappointed at the information I got from the concierge...but oh well.

My Second comment about Sea World is that it has the best Coaster ever! The Kraken! If you are a coaster fan this is a must do! 5 loops and 2 corkscrews...awesome! It helped me fill the void of RnRC being closed.

Anyways, after Sea World we got off the bus at Downtown Disney and took the POR boat back to the resort. This was a very peaceful ride back...a nice break from the busses.

We had dinner in the food court and retired, for once, at a decent hour.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! To be honest I would have thought that it was a lot more complicated to get to Sea World! I haven't thought about going there yet. There never seems to be enough time to do everything in Disney World that we've wanted to do, but we may go to Sea World at some point in the future. Thanks for the info and I've enjoyed reading about your trip!

"I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Great info. I've always wanted to go and thought that it was too complicated.

Thank you for sharing!

-Kristy

Many trips all off-site
    Oct 07 Pop and Poly
    June 08 POP/Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you enjoyed your Sea World visit (at least, after you got squared away with bus directions)!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: