Quantcast Frustration with the Process

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Frustration with the Process

OK, let me vent please....

I joined the DVC with a CM friend of mine (their discounts are sweet).... Well, anyway, I purchased 140 points at SSR.... I paid the deposit, the closing fees, and there was another charge which I forgot... Anyway, DVC sent me the contracts which I had to sign and send back... They would then send the paper work to my friend, who would have to sign as well... Anyway, I received the wrong mortgage form... So DVC sent me the proper form... I signed all the contracts, got the mortgage document notarized, attached my voided check for automatic debits of the monthly payments... All seemed good....

My friend then received the package from DVC after I returned it, and NO FORMS... I don't know how many people I spoke to regarding this issue, but no one helped me... I was concerned because my personal information was floating in space somewhere and no one in DVC had an explanation for me... My friend and I then spoke to a Vanessa who basically told us we did not know what we were talking about because the person who packs the FedEx boxes would never make that kind of mistake... She was rude and very crass... Vanessa then sent via over night a second set of contracts for me to sign.... Well, after going through the forms, I noticed two things... 1) Vanessa screwed up... She did exactly what she said they would never do.. She left out a form... and 2) I received someone else's contracts!!!!!!

I signed MY forms and returned the documents with a letter complaining about the terrible service I was receiving... I got a phone call today from Vanessa's manager apologizing for her rudeness and confirming they received my paper work and sent it out over night to my friend... She then told me they were going to compensate me some way for all my troubles, but she didn't know just how because she was waiting on approval from her managers.... She then gave me the tracking number and we hung up...

I checked FedEx website and noticed the package was left at my friend's front door... I called her right away and got her husband... He went outside, looked in the front, side and back of the house, NO PACKAGE!!!!! We called FedEx and they assured us the package was delivered... My friend told them that he searched the bushes, and all around his property and there was no package.... Now FedEx has a trace going for the package.... This has been nothing short of frustrating and has gotten me to a point where I want to call back and cancel the whole thing....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that is an incredible streak of bad events. I hope that it all works out for you. Don't give up on DVC. When you take that first magical trip, it will all be worth it.

I hope that DVC compensates you in a very generous way!
    Ed aka Horizon93

"If we can dream it, then we can do it".

DVC owner as of July 07 at AKV, as of Oct 2010 at BWV

Just back from honeymoon at AKV Kidani, July 2013!

Next up...not sure yet, but going back soon! )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Horizon93 View Post
    Wow, that is an incredible streak of bad events. I hope that it all works out for you. Don't give up on DVC. When you take that first magical trip, it will all be worth it.

I hope that DVC compensates you in a very generous way!
    Anything short of 1000 free points will not be generous... LOL.... Nah, I am curious as to what they are going to do, because, she said she had to get it approved from upper management... I never knew upper management had to approve compensation... I figure she would throw a water bottle in a FedEx box and over night it daying HERE IS YOUR COMPENSATION... So maybe they are going to do something out of the ordinary since, well, they royally screwed up??? I will for sure let you all know....

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Wow..What a nightmare. I hope you can get it all sorted out. I would have been pretty ticked if our DVC purchase went that way.

Good luck!!
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, sorry about the issues. Things wil work out for you soon and you'll be enjoying your memership.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! I just bought points through a resale process outside of Disney. The biggest reason that I almost did NOT do resale was becase CM's pushing DVC through Disney said that an experience like yours was common through resales, but would never happen direct from Disney as they are experts with this as they do it every day! Anyway, I agree with the earlier response. Don't give up. Once it's all set up you'll be thankful you stuck with it.
    Pooh Fan
    DVC Member- Home Resort SSR
    Sep 2000 - CBR & Dis Wonder
    Sep 2004 - OKW
    Sep 2006 - Pop
    Sep 2008 - OKW
    Feb/Mar 2009 - Off Site
    Sep 2009 - AKV
    Sep 2011 - OKW
    Sep 2012 - Paradise Pier
    Sep 2013 - Offsite and AKV
    Sep 2014 - ASM
    Nov 2015 - SSR
    May 2018 - OKW/AKV Kidani
    Jan 2020 - SSR

Jacksboro, Texas (Northwest of Dallas Fort Worth)
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW..thats a rash of bad luck..we had no problems at all like that...it did take forever, but we didn't have any kind of problems like yours...hope it all sorts out soon...no telling what they may do for you, maybe it will be big

keep us posted !!

oh and WELCOME HOME !!!

i love that >>
    First trip 1981

Married at Disney's wedding pavillion 12-22-04
    DVC owners @ SSR Dec 2005
    OKW-DEC-2004-Wedding
    VERO BEACH-DEC-2004-(honeymoon)
    ASM-DEC-2005
    SSR-OCT-2006
    SSR-DEC-2007
    AKV owners Jul 08
    SSR Dec 08
    SSR June 09
    New Baby Boy arrived Aug 3 2009 !! (our first)

Post Thanks / Like

I just received a call from my guide at the DVC... She was very apologetic about what I was going through... She offered me some compensation because of the issues, which I accepted wholeheartedly... I called FedEx again about the missing package... They still have the trace on it....I was promised a call by 5:00 PM with an update... Well, now it is 7:10 PM and no call... My guide promised we would get this fixed... I told her I hope so because I am losing faith in DVC and FedEx.... More updates as I get them.....

Post Thanks / Like

Well, at least your guide is being helpful. Let us know what happens with FedEx.
    Ed aka Horizon93

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I just received a call from my guide at the DVC... She was very apologetic about what I was going through... She offered me some compensation because of the issues, which I accepted wholeheartedly... I called FedEx again about the missing package... They still have the trace on it....I was promised a call by 5:00 PM with an update... Well, now it is 7:10 PM and no call... My guide promised we would get this fixed... I told her I hope so because I am losing faith in DVC and FedEx.... More updates as I get them.....
    WOW! I can't believe how many times they have messed up with you. And now Fed Ex too? I am sorry you are going through this. I can only imagine your frustration.

If I may ask, what was the compensation? I am thinking an Annual Pass or two might be something they would offer.
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Post Thanks / Like

On the brighter side, this will only rank as a minor issue when compared to the years of enjoyment you'll get with your DVC membership. It's too bad things are not going smoothly initially. I guess it can only get better going forward!
    DVC Mike

Post Thanks / Like

DVCMike, a minor issue?? Check this out now... My friend took a drive over to Celebration at the request of the manager I was working with, so she could sign the forms in person.... So yesterday, around 10 in the morning, my friend went to their offices, as per a scheduled meeting her and the manager set up.... She was greeted with rudeness and attitude.... MY friend ignored it and proceeded to sign all the proper documentation.... Before she left, the manager at DVC told her everything is now good and that they would be over night mailing the forms to me to sign.... My friend left.... She called me to tell me all was good.... I thanked my friend and let it be... She went out for the day yesterday, and when she returned home, she had a message on her voice mail that Disney forgot to give her THREE of the required forms.... Now, how can you make this mistake THREE TIMES????? Honestly, do they have incompetent people working there or what????

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you're ticked off. You may feel like just forgetting the whole DVC thing. However, like I said, this won't amount to a hill of beans once you begin enjoying your vacations. All the mistakes by the DVC admin/sales folks will be quickly forgotten. It may not seem like that right now, since you're upset...
    DVC Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVC Mike View Post
    Yes, you're ticked off. You may feel like just forgetting the whole DVC thing. However, like I said, this won't amount to a hill of beans once you begin enjoying your vacations. All the mistakes by the DVC admin/sales folks will be quickly forgotten. It may not seem like that right now, since you're upset...
    I am hoping you are right.... One reason I joined was because I go so often, it was worth it.... You know, they won't even let me use my points yet because the contracts aren't signed and on file.... I tried to tell them the reasons why and they wouldn't hear of it.... The compensation they are giving me are fast passes and a $50 dollar gift card.... They could have done better than that.... But they also didn't have to give me any compensation.... So who am I to complain about that, ya know???

DVCMike, I know you are right... I will be enjoying all the vacations I take with the DVC... I just cannot believe all the bad luck I am having with it so far....

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Frustration with the Process

This is a bit like an out of control comedy of errors. I agree with DVC Mike though. You will be enjoying many years to come of Disney vacation memories as a DVC member. Muster all the patience you have and get through this. It will be worth it in the end. I am sorry for your troubles and realize you must feel very disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like

I think that I've heard enough not to become a DVC member.I know of many other timeshares that I've visited in the Orlando area that treated us very well and to be quite frank,the deals were better and they compensate you just for checking them out.Fast Passes and a 50.00 gift card just won't cut it,sorry Disney.
    Poly10/75
    FWCabins3/93Poly11/01
    CBR4/05PORand BC2/06Pop11/06
    MarriottGrandeVista5/07
    CBR9/07
    Pop1/08
    POFQ5/08
    CS 9/08
    POFQ 5/09
    CBR9/09
    HRH11/09
    POFQ/POLY5/10
    WL12/10
    Allstar Music1/11
    POFQ 5/11
    OKW 3/31/12
    SSR 9/13
    CBR 9/14
    POR9/16
    CB Univ

Avatar in remembrance of my Dear Old Dad "Big Al"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PetefromRI View Post
    I think that I've heard enough not to become a DVC member.I know of many other timeshares that I've visited in the Orlando area that treated us very well and to be quite frank,the deals were better and they compensate you just for checking them out.Fast Passes and a 50.00 gift card just won't cut it,sorry Disney.
    DVC dosn't need to compensate just to be checked out, and frankly I hope they never do. Cheapens the whole thing in my opinion. Timeshare places "deals" aren't really deals- they need to offer more in order to get people to buy. I know many who joined these other timeshares only to find they were completely misled.
    To each his own I guess! You couldn't pay me all the money in the world to go to another company's timeshare presentation let alone join.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVC2004 View Post
    DVC dosn't need to compensate just to be checked out, and frankly I hope they never do. Cheapens the whole thing in my opinion. Timeshare places "deals" aren't really deals- they need to offer more in order to get people to buy. I know many who joined these other timeshares only to find they were completely misled.
    To each his own I guess! You couldn't pay me all the money in the world to go to another company's timeshare presentation let alone join.
    Agreed. While the process doesn't always work perfectly, such as in this case, DVC usually does it right.
    Ed aka Horizon93

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Horizon93 View Post
    Agreed. While the process doesn't always work perfectly, such as in this case, DVC usually does it right.
    Well, they have done mine wrong, and continue to do mine wrong... one month now, and STILL no paper work on file... And it is all Disney's fault... I can understand people making mistakes... But the attitude I received and the way I was talked down to was uncalled for.... Don't tell me Disney is perfect and they don't make mistakes, then go and make the same mistakes you say they don't make.... That is why they are compensating me... They messed up... They are trying to make it right... As well they should.... It is all about customer service, and so far, their customer service has been nasty and down right rude to me.... Never mind that they cannot even get the paper work right.... I lost faith in the people who work in DVC.... I just hope by the end of the year they finally get my paper work right.... Pathetic is the only way I can describe them to this point....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oy!

After all that, I'd say "forget it" to the whole process! You've gotta wonder if you should move forward when the whole process has been so incredibly difficult.

Honestly, if I were in your situation, I would have dropped the whole thing weeks ago and gone with a reseller.

Also? Yeah, the compensation was nothing compared to how they've acted towards you and messed up your paperwork (nevermind the risk they put you in as far as identity theft!).

I'd ask for more, if you plan to continue with them (as in points for free, or a weekend stay at a resort of your choice). We got more compensation with the Animal Kingdom Lodge messed up our room key for a day!

One more thing - the DVC does pay you to check it out. Last year, we received $100 for checking out the new Saratoga property.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: