Quantcast UPS question for resort (yes, another one!)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default UPS question for resort (yes, another one!)

Another thread got me thinking, and instead of hijacking theirs, I thought I'd start my own.

Packing is stressing me out mainly because of our Halloween Costumes! They are huge! We arrive at the Poly on the 8th and don't have the party until the 14th, so if I had someone at my office overnight a package to me on the 7th, that would give plenty of time for arrival. I have sent packages to other people before, just not to myself. I also have gift baskets for 3 of our Grand Gathering member's children that I could ship.

Here is my question. How do I get the costumes back? Can I prepare a label and have it picked up at the resort? We are Poly concierge guests if that matters at all. Is it a big deal to ship something from the resort? It would save us a couple of bags to haul and since we are a family of 6 including a toddler that has a lot of junk.
    Upcoming trips:

Universal (1st time)
    September 5-8 Portofino Bay
    September 8-15 Poly GV Concierge
    MNSSHP

Oct 10-13 GF
    Nov 16-19 Contemporary 14th Floor

We've stayed at:
    Poly (Concierge),POR,POFQ,Pop WL (Concierge),AKL, Yacht Club (Concierge)
    Boardwalk Inn (Concierge)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You do not need to overnight it. Pack it, ship it down include your name & reservation #, when your dates of stay are. If they recieve it before you arrive, they will hold the package for you & when you check in they should have it. It should save you some expense.
    I know we have a package ready to ship down, & I will be mailing it within a few days (all sorts of minor stuff that we will just want when we get there.
    I am curious about the return pickup. If no one here has an answer, you should call the poly directly and perhaps they could have an answer.
    Do let me know.
    we are also staying at the poly starting sep 12th. 'see you there'
    gueli

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gueli View Post
    You do not need to overnight it. Pack it, ship it down include your name & reservation #, when your dates of stay are. If they recieve it before you arrive, they will hold the package for you & when you check in they should have it. It should save you some expense.
    I know we have a package ready to ship down, & I will be mailing it within a few days (all sorts of minor stuff that we will just want when we get there.
    I am curious about the return pickup. If no one here has an answer, you should call the poly directly and perhaps they could have an answer.
    Do let me know.
    we are also staying at the poly starting sep 12th. 'see you there'
    gueli

I thought I'd let you know, on the 12th, I am hosting a Tour Guide Mike fireworks meet on the Poly beach...I'll PM you with the details in case you are interested.

I just emailed the Itinerary planners to see what they would say about shipping from the resort. It can't be that hard and would really save us a lot of hauling around. The baby requires so much darn equipment!
    Upcoming trips:

Universal (1st time)
    September 5-8 Portofino Bay
    September 8-15 Poly GV Concierge
    MNSSHP

Oct 10-13 GF
    Nov 16-19 Contemporary 14th Floor

We've stayed at:
    Poly (Concierge),POR,POFQ,Pop WL (Concierge),AKL, Yacht Club (Concierge)
    Boardwalk Inn (Concierge)

Jacksboro, Texas (Northwest of Dallas Fort Worth)
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is the info for having UPS pickup your packages using a call tag.(this will save you some money) or you can just have the resort ship it for you..cost a little more..this link explains it all..we do this every year works like a charm..

http://pressroom.ups.com/mediakits/f...name=ecommerce
    First trip 1981

Married at Disney's wedding pavillion 12-22-04
    DVC owners @ SSR Dec 2005
    OKW-DEC-2004-Wedding
    VERO BEACH-DEC-2004-(honeymoon)
    ASM-DEC-2005
    SSR-OCT-2006
    SSR-DEC-2007
    AKV owners Jul 08
    SSR Dec 08
    SSR June 09
    New Baby Boy arrived Aug 3 2009 !! (our first)

Post Thanks / Like

I have shipped things to and from the resorts in the past.
    #1- Make sure you use UPS or FedEx. Do not use the US mail to ship to the resort, because it will go to a clearinghouse before it gets to your resort. That can take several days.

#2- When you pack your box, get an extra shipping label from UPS if you want. Or, the Front Desk/Concierge will have them for you. Just re-pack your box and bring it down to the Front Desk when you are leaving (or have Bell Services do it when they pick up your luggage.) You will be able to complete the UPS/FedEx transaction with the CM at the Front Desk.

I usually made an return label that I put on the box as an added ID- not necessary, it just made me feel better.

It's really very easy to do. UPS & FedEx are at the resorts daily- so delivering and shipping are common occurrences for the CMs.

And no, it does not make any difference if you are staying at the Concierge Level or in a Value Resort- everyone can do the same thing at their resort's Front Desk.
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Post Thanks / Like

I shipped many items down in the past using UPS. I address my shipment to the Polynesian Concierge with my name and "Guest" just below it.

The Concierge receives my package and it is usually in my room when I check in, if not, they have it downstairs in the Hawaii building for me, no need to go stand at the front desk.

Shipping things home is just as easy, rebox and label and the concierge will ship it for you.
    Don't forget to include your name and address inside the box, just in case the shipping tag gets torn.

Have fun

Deb
    Port Orleans French Quarter - October 2008
    Polynesian Concierge - 52 trips
    Grand Floridian - 8 trips
    Grand Californian Concierge - 3 trips
    Animal Kingdom Lodge - 1 trip
    Boardwalk Inn - 1 trip
    Beach Club - 1 trip
    Yacht Club Concierge - 1 trip
    Port Orleans French Quarter -3 trips

Share This Thread On Social Media: