Quantcast Affordable way to identify an Intercotee

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Affordable way to identify an Intercotee

I was wondering if we could come up with an affordable way that we could identify each other in the parks. I know there are shirts for sale but a few of us can be really tight on cash but still would like to be identified in the parks by other intercotees. We can still have resort meets but again we need a way to identify each other in the parks. So what are everyone's Ideas. What can everyone get that can be brought with us to the parks that says we are an intercotee.Needs to be something that can really stand out that someone normally may not have with them in the parks.

UPDATE: Look at post #14 for a pic of the keychain I made.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Great idea! Maybe those silicone bands like LiveStrong, etc.

Maybe make them Black and Red with Intercot embossed in them...
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking something more noticeble. Something anyone can go out to a local store and get for cheap or something they could get or make for free.

Post Thanks / Like

I was just reading over in the 10th Anniversary section a similar thread.

Some kind of key chain thing seems like it might work. Attach to a backpack or belt loop. Maybe Intercot can work up a logo/printout template saying "I'm _screenname_ on Intercot. Look me up at www.intercot.com. Advertise and identify! Or just a blank space we can Sharpie in our screennames...

We can print/customize it, laminate it and attached it somewhere noticable...
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like a good idea. Just need to get it into the works now!

Post Thanks / Like

At one sci-fi convention I went to they had a LiveJournal meetup and we all picked blue ribbon and tied a piece around our left wrist and thats how we knew each other, that would be a cheap easy way to do it.
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a good idea too. Keep them coming once we got a few we can all decided on one.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the idea along the lines of the key chain/lamenat idea!

Even just some sort of lamenated "business card" size thing that says www.intercot.com in bright colors and attach that to a bag!!

For me I carry just a diaper bag so something along those lines would be perfect!!

I go all the time and wonder who from intercot might be there!!! I would love to know for sure!!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if JohnY or Carol could give us a 10th anniversary logo that we could download and printout about business card size in blue then we could put our screen names and www.intercot.com on the back, cut it out (business card size) and laminate. hole punch and string it to your bag.
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

On another board I belong to, they use the Disney paint chip from Home Depot in green. Couldn't Intercot use one in an agreed upon color? Maybe blue? Pooh's Umbrella?
    http://disney.go.com/disneyhome/disneypaints.html

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of the intercot logo on a business sized piece of paper and then put your screen name on the back. Either wear it on your lanyard or attach it to your bag. I think that's a GREAT idea!!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

For the 10th Anniversary Party I plan on getting a cheap $3 tank top and getting those fabric lettering and putting Intercot.com and my screen name on the back.
    șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with these fabulous ideas. Honestly, during our minimeet in August, I didn't even notice John's Intercot tshirt. Duh, I'm sorry, I guess I just wasn't looking for a white shirt in a sea of light colors anyway. I did notice the female wearing the little tiny green dress that didn't even cover her unmentionables, her panties were showing, and NO they weren't spankies like cheering uniforms...They were underwear. Oops, sorry off topic.

I like the business card size, or maybe "Buttons" like the happy birthday or anniversary type, the downloadable card to laminate and hang on your bag (if you wear one) or wear it like a nametag or on a lanyard. Something bright and cheerful and easily recognizable.

C'mon JohnY, I know you can do this...look at what you have done with this site!! You rock. If I can't be at WDW, than I am at Intercot.
    Last edited by dolphinmickey9170; 08-27-2007 at 11:48 AM. Reason: had a thought.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Since someone mentioned making a keychain for your bag I made this: http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...otTag001-1.jpg

I wrote member since 2003 cause I was a loyal reader before offically joining.
    So keep an eye out for us.
    We will be staying at POP Century Sept. 11th-18th.

Post Thanks / Like

At the same mini-meet as Kristen, the only reason that I noticed John's t-shirt at all is that I was specifically looking for someone in an Intercot t-shirt since he told me that's what he would be wearing. For the past 2 trips, I have worn my Intercot 5 year pin either on my lanyard or on one of my bags and not one person has mentioned it so I doubt that anyone noticed it. I also belong to "that other board" with the green mouse-head paint chips and have never noticed those in the parks either. Whatever we choose, people are still going to have to look for it and honestly, I don't pay attention!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Need something that can be quite eye catching!

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking the same thing while at the parks this week. Every time I heard someone talking about some hint we have picked up on Intercot, I wondered if they were a member and what their name was. I wanted to ask several people but didn't have the nerve. Don't know why. I kept thinking it would be nice to have a button or pin or something to wear to identify ourselves.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a bit shy but I think I would be able to talk to an intercotee.
    I know alot of you are really nice so that is good to know when asking.
    "Hi, you an intercot member?"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ariel03 View Post
    Since someone mentioned making a keychain for your bag I made this: http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...otTag001-1.jpg

I wrote member since 2003 cause I was a loyal reader before offically joining.
    So keep an eye out for us.
    We will be staying at POP Century Sept. 11th-18th.
    I think that keychain is so cute. How did u make it? I like that idea to attach it to a backpack.
    ~Ashley~
    ~șOș 83-93 -Poly
    96-ASMu
    2x 2006- POR
    2x 2007- CBR/POR
    2008- AKL
    2009- CR
    Apr 2010- Poly
    Oct 2010- AKL & Poly
    Next trip Mar 2011 GF șOș~

Here you leave today - and visit the worlds of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE the idea...but unfortunately we're not going till NEXT October. But still...that would be a blast.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: