Quantcast Tarzan Rocks vs. Finding Nemo The Musical - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm SOOO glad you posted this question. We liked (not loved)Tarzan. We LOVED (as in head over heels) Hunchback. I've watched some youtube of Nemo, and haven't been that impressed, so we weren't going to go see it in September until I read this thread.

It's distracting to me to be able to see the puppeteers. At least it is on youtube. Maybe it won't be as noticeable in person.

Thanks, everyone, for your positive opinions! We'll put it on the to do list!
    Next visit - January 2018 OKW
    Mar 2015 Offsite
    Jan 2011,12,13&14 CSR
    Sept 2009 CSR & MNSSHP
    Sept 2007 CSR
    Sept 2006 POR & NOJ
    2005 Offsite
    2003 ASM & MVMCP
    2002 Doubletree onsite & MVMCP/1st DQ
    Sept 1999 POFQ / WL & NOJ
    May 1999 CSR/BC
    Dec 1997 & 1998 CBR & MVMCP
    April 1997 CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We really liked Tarzan Rocks! I didn't see the Nemo show in July because of the huge wait. My sister and her DD went and were totally disappointed. We had thought about seeing a later one, but she told us not to bother. "The special effects were cool, but the singers were just OK. The songs were boring." Nothing like Lion King! That's the best!

By the way --- someone posted that they took away Tarzan b/c of money. I have heard that they take away a stage show at Disney when the musical of it opens on Broadway, as I know Tarzan did. I'm just reporting what someone else told me, but I can't wait until Tarzan the Musical is on tour in CIncinnati!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Almost

Quote Originally Posted by SurferStitch View Post
    We both thought the Nemo show was amazing. The costumes, set, lighting, and music are all top notch, and very theatrical. It's an incredibly creative and entertaining show. I think Nemo is a much better show than Tarzan ever was.

Lion King is still my favorite, though!
    Nemo different enough from FOTLK that it's not necessary to compare them.

Nemo is more like Disney's Broadway shows than anything else at WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jsw123 View Post
    "The special effects were cool, but the singers were just OK. The songs were boring." Nothing like Lion King! That's the best!
    I agree with your sister. Finding Nemo is very disappointing, I've seen it once and will probably not go back for a couple of years. Tarzan Rocks was one of our favorites, we saw the show at least twice in every vacation. In fact, we booked an extra vacation especially for the farewell show of TR...

With TR gone, the Lion King show is by far the best show in WDW.
    95 DLRP
    96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01 ASS
    98, 01 DLRP
    98 DLRP
    00 DLRP
    02 DLRP
    02 CBR & AKL
    03 DLRP
    03 CBR
    03 DLRP
    04 DLRP
    04 CBR
    05 May: PC, Jun: ASS & Sep: PC
    06 Jan: PC, Sep: PC
    07 May: PC, Sep: CBR
    08 Jan: ASMo, Sep: Pop
    09 Feb: OS, Sep: SS
    11 May: SS

Post Thanks / Like

I really liked Tarzan Rocks, but fell in love with Finding Nemo when I saw it in June. I found the costumes amazing and the presentation very touching. Whoever said it is very similar to a Disney production on Broadway is right. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Finding Nemo is the next Disney musical to open on Broadway.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

I never saw Tarzan Rocks. But I absolutely LOVE Finding Nemo. I have seen it 20+ times, and love each one as much as the first time. I even have a designated spot that I sit in each time.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

I have to disagree with the OP.... I thought Tarzan was way too loud.... I was barely able to understand the lyrics they were singing... And the stunts performed on roller blades is nothing new... I see that stuff every day outside my house.... As far as Nemo, I wasn't expecting much... I mean, how could you make a musical out of a cartoon that was not a musical??? Well, Disney found a way.... Nemo was awesome... I think this is one change Disney did that really was for the best....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Tarzan Rocks vs. Finding Nemo The Musical

It is interresting to see how varied people's reactions are to different attractions. I was pleasantly surprised at just how well well done nemo was. I enjoyed the show very much. Tarzan not so much so. Thanks for the post and welcome to Intercot!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I have to ask since it was brought up...

Is there a better place to sit for Nemo than other spots?

For most of the shows, it's no big deal to me where I sit. But if there is a spot where I can see the puppets better than the puppeteers in this show, it will probably matter to me.
    Next visit - January 2018 OKW
    Mar 2015 Offsite
    Jan 2011,12,13&14 CSR
    Sept 2009 CSR & MNSSHP
    Sept 2007 CSR
    Sept 2006 POR & NOJ
    2005 Offsite
    2003 ASM & MVMCP
    2002 Doubletree onsite & MVMCP/1st DQ
    Sept 1999 POFQ / WL & NOJ
    May 1999 CSR/BC
    Dec 1997 & 1998 CBR & MVMCP
    April 1997 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jiifigment View Post
    Ok, I have to ask since it was brought up...

Is there a better place to sit for Nemo than other spots?

For most of the shows, it's no big deal to me where I sit. But if there is a spot where I can see the puppets better than the puppeteers in this show, it will probably matter to me.
    Well, if you're asking opinions on where to sit I always sit in the bottom-right side of the stage (facing it). I love being up close and personal to the show.

However, for a spot to see the puppets more clearly, I would say probably in the back half of the theater.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

I actually never got to witness Tarzan Rocks so I can't really compare. But as a musical lover, a Disney lover, and a Finding Nemo lover, I was totally underwhelmed by Nemo the Musical. Yes the costumes and sets were amazing but I didn't like most of the songs, and I especially didn't like the casting of Crush. Maybe it was just an off performance but he sounded terribly off key throughout his whole song. My mother liked it a bit more than I did, but also thought it was boring at times. My boyfriend absolutely hated it.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: