Quantcast Unfortunate Encounter with a CM

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Unfortunate Encounter with a CM

We just returned from a quick trip to WDW before our DD leaves for college. We went to Saturday's Pirate and Princess Party. That was wonderful! We had a wonderful time with one exception.

CM's are human and they, like the rest of us, can have rough days where being cheerful and upbeat is not in the realm of possible. When we have encountered a CM having a bad day we have always strived to really thank them and try and improve their day at least a little. Or, at the very least, not add to their bad day.

Saturday night my DD and I were in line for her to see Cinderella's wicked stepmother, Anastasia, and Drisella. A CM came and closed the line after a mom and DD behind us. The five us enjoyed talking waiting for our turn. As we got closer to the front of the line another CM kept yelling (screeching?) at the CM by us telling him to close the line. He smiled and always told her it was. When we finally got up to the characters I handed our photo pass to the photographer and my DD posed with the characters. I did not get to take a photo as the female CM pulled my DD by the arm away from the characters. As I stood waiting for the photographer to give me the photo pass back the female CM pushed me in the upper back and told me to get out of the way. I was shocked. So was the photographer. No, I was not over reacting. I had enough people witness it. The push was strong enough to make me take a couple of steps forward. As we were walking away I saw one of the managers walking towards the three characters. I approached him and explained that I did not appreciate the CM (by name) and felt it was most inappropriate that she pushed me. He did not say anthing. Approximately 30 minutes later we passed the same female CM chewing on the ear of the other CM complaining about a explicative, explicative who dared to complain about her. I felt sorry for the male CM but really feel that the female CM was way beyond a "bad day". I am still in shock by her behavior.
    2010 - WDW/Cont, DLR/DLH, DLR/GC, DLR/PP, DCL 7 Day
    2009 - DLR/DLH, GCH, and PP; WDW/WL, AKL, Cont
    2008 - DLR/DLH, and GCH; WDW/GF, AKL and PO
    2007- DLR/GCH and DLH;11 Night Med; WDW/POR
    2006 - DCL 7 Day, 10 Day; DLR/GCH; WDW/Cont
    2005 - DLR/GCH; WDW/Cont
    and many times before!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you should write a letter to mention the complaint specifically. I know that everyone has bad days, but pushing you is just inexcusable and I don't want that CM in the parks or around my kids. So sorry for your bad experience.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I am on this kick lately to write letters when things that aren't right occur. I really think you need to write a letter to Disney and explain what happened and that it was totally un-Disneylike and extremely disapointing. I was brought up with the philosophy that "when you're right, you're right" and you are totally in the right in knowing that you shouldn't have been treated that way. How awful!

*Disneyland Paris Hotel
    *Grand Floridian
    *Disneyland Hotel
    *Boardwalk Inn *Bay Lake Tower
    *Contemporary *Old Key West
    *Polynesian Resort *Animal Kingdom Lodge
    * Port Orleans French Quarter
    * Fort Wilderness
    *Art of Animation * Pop Century
    * All Star Movies, Music & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Its one thing to be grouchy and not in a very plesent mood. That is understandable everybody has a bad day. But to physically do something to somebody that is not right at all. That CM really shouldn't be there. I agree I would write and tell them what happened. Nobody has a right to put their hands on you and especially not your daughter like that.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

You should absolutely write a letter! If they don't know there is a problem, how can they fix it? I'd be willing to bet that you aren't the only ones to have a problem with this CM. But nothing will be done unless enough people complain about her.
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone point me towards the correct address?
    2005 - DLR/GCH; WDW/Cont
    and many times before!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dare To Dream View Post
    We just returned from a quick trip to WDW before our DD leaves for college. We went to Saturday's Pirate and Princess Party. That was wonderful! We had a wonderful time with one exception.

CM's are human and they, like the rest of us, can have rough days where being cheerful and upbeat is not in the realm of possible. When we have encountered a CM having a bad day we have always strived to really thank them and try and improve their day at least a little. Or, at the very least, not add to their bad day.

Saturday night my DD and I were in line for her to see Cinderella's wicked stepmother, Anastasia, and Drisella. A CM came and closed the line after a mom and DD behind us. The five us enjoyed talking waiting for our turn. As we got closer to the front of the line another CM kept yelling (screeching?) at the CM by us telling him to close the line. He smiled and always told her it was. When we finally got up to the characters I handed our photo pass to the photographer and my DD posed with the characters. I did not get to take a photo as the female CM pulled my DD by the arm away from the characters. As I stood waiting for the photographer to give me the photo pass back the female CM pushed me in the upper back and told me to get out of the way. I was shocked. So was the photographer. No, I was not over reacting. I had enough people witness it. The push was strong enough to make me take a couple of steps forward. As we were walking away I saw one of the managers walking towards the three characters. I approached him and explained that I did not appreciate the CM (by name) and felt it was most inappropriate that she pushed me. He did not say anthing. Approximately 30 minutes later we passed the same female CM chewing on the ear of the other CM complaining about a explicative, explicative who dared to complain about her. I felt sorry for the male CM but really feel that the female CM was way beyond a "bad day". I am still in shock by her behavior.
    Sorry about your encounter. I would suggest either writing a complain to WDW by mail or email. They DO respond to complaints. I don't know how I or my DH would have responded if that happened to me. My DH is the type if someone pushed me how you described.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Post Thanks / Like

i can tell you that it would have been bad if somebody would have touched my wife or twin girls the wrong way. i would have made a scene right then and there. i would not want to make it bad for anybody else but i'm not going to let anybody take advantage of my family.
    1994 french quarter-port orleans
    2002 all star movies
    2003 all star movies
    2004 wilderness lodge
    2005 french quarter/disney wonder
    2007 polynesian ( cancelled )
    2008 wilderness lodge
    2010 polynesian
    2012 disney dream

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow, I am shocked!

The CM's can definitely make or break your day. In all my trips, I have only had one negative experience with a CM, but it was just a grumpy monorail member. No where near as bad as your experience! Just rest assured that is definitely not the norm from CM's. Even before the year of a million dreams, I have had cast members really help make our trip exceptional (no tip required). Good luck whatever you decide.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I would not have been too pleased. I can't imagine how I would have reacted.

I would absolutely write a letter and explain what happened.

I am sorry that happened to you guys.
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry that happened to you and your family. How nice that you are still able to look at the party in a postive way overall

Under NO circumstances is it O.K. for anyone to put their hands on you in an aggresive manner (or really in any manner). Period. Please, please, speak up about this. This individual does not deserve to work with the public.
    Jen :)

CR-1981
    offsite-1985
    Marriott Grande Vista 2002
    WL 2004
    Poly 2005
    CR Atrium Club 2006
    Poly 2007
    Beach Club CL, Grand Floridian 2008
    Beach Club CL 2009
    GF Royal Palm Club CL 2010
    WL CL 2011
    CR Presidential Suite 2012
    BC Club Level 2012
    Poly CL 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I absolutely would write that letter (or call)! Unless your daughter was in danger or (possibly causing harm to someone else), there is NO reason for anyone to grab her. And, the same goes for you. Unless you were in danger or causing harm, there is absolutely no reason for a CM to touch you.

I do commend you on being a calm adult. Had someone grabbed my daughter and pushed me, I probably would have been angry enough to make a scene. Especially if a manager I reported it to said nothing. That would have made me even more upset.

I'm sorry you had to experience this.

Post Thanks / Like

There is no excuse for this. I would write a letter and call WDW.

There are two issues here.

1. Poor customer service. No matter what kind of day a CM is having their job is to provide magic for guests. If they are having a hard time they need to pretend they are having the best day ever. I worked for WDW and I can remember times when people would be awful to me. No matter what I put a big smile on my face and spread my pixie dust.

2. Physical Abuse. Not acceptable under any circumstances. That CM should be fired.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that is pretty crazy. That breaks the Disney keys of service and that person should be disciplined. They should never touch the Guests I would have flipped out on the CM myself.
    Upcoming trips to DL Hojo's Oct 19-25 and Pop Cen Dec 30 09-Jan 06 10

Pop Cen, Wilderness L, Disney Wonder, Coronado Spr Mar 8-16 09
    Pop Cen Dec 13-19 08 Jan 12-18 08 Sept 15-22 07 Jan 15-21 07 Sept 28-Oct 5 06 Aug 5-12 05
    All St Music Jan 6-11 05

Post Thanks / Like

I have written a letter and will call WDW tomorrow to get an address to send it to. Thanks to all for letting me vent.
    2005 - DLR/GCH; WDW/Cont
    and many times before!

Post Thanks / Like

Default .........

My question is....why didn't you make a stop at guest relations on your way out and say something or go there right after the incident?

I can guarantee you IF an employee had pushed me and been rude to my family WITH witnesses I would have taken care of it right away. I would have also asked for the CM's names that were all involved wether walking by or not.
    Carribean Beach / Saratoga Springs
    Boardwalk Villas / Saratoga Springs
    Wilderness Lodge Villas / Saratoga Springs
    Saratoga Springs
    SARATOGA SPRINGS & THE DISNEY WONDER

mttafire Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Catwillow View Post
    My question is....why didn't you make a stop at guest relations on your way out and say something or go there right after the incident?

I can guarantee you IF an employee had pushed me and been rude to my family WITH witnesses I would have taken care of it right away. I would have also asked for the CM's names that were all involved wether walking by or not.
    Have to agree with this one. Situations like this IMHO, Require immediate attention.

Post Thanks / Like

I think that bad days aside, physical contact is completly unacceptable. If you ask me, I would have gone up to her while she was complaining about ME and ask her if SHE would have put up with anyone laying their hand on HER...
    Countless Disneyland trips
    May 2000 Honeymoon 1st DW Trip
    April 2001 AS Music
    May 2003 Off-site
    December 2003 AS Movies
    July 2004 Disneyland
    December 2005 AS Movies
    September 2007 Pop
    March 2009 Pop
    Christmas 2010 Movies
    June 2011 off-site
    Christmas 2012 Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

1. Why didn't I go straight to customer relations?

I did not want to let this one CM ruin my family's vacation. If I had gone back to Main Street I would have missed the fireworks with my family. And for what? To have a CM say they were sorry that the whole thing had happened? I had already spoken with a member of the management team specifically associated with this area of service who had obviously spoken with the CM. I absolutely did not want that CM to become the focus of our time at the party. Rest assure that I did make mental notes of the names of all involved and included them in my detailed letter to WDW. The letter is written from the position of a guest as well as a Disney stock holder.

2. Why didn't I confront the CM?

I have a reputation at work for not backing down from any fight and for not loosing. The key is to know when and where to engage. The middle of the park with my family present was not the time nor the place. Enlightening this CM on her inappropriate behavior was far less important than salvaging a fun night with my family before my DD leaves for college.
    2005 - DLR/GCH; WDW/Cont
    and many times before!

mttafire Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dare To Dream View Post
    1. Why didn't I go straight to customer relations?

I did not want to let this one CM ruin my family's vacation. If I had gone back to Main Street I would have missed the fireworks with my family. And for what? To have a CM say they were sorry that the whole thing had happened? I had already spoken with a member of the management team specifically associated with this area of service who had obviously spoken with the CM. I absolutely did not want that CM to become the focus of our time at the party. Rest assure that I did make mental notes of the names of all involved and included them in my detailed letter to WDW. The letter is written from the position of a guest as well as a Disney stock holder.

2. Why didn't I confront the CM?

I have a reputation at work for not backing down from any fight and for not loosing. The key is to know when and where to engage. The middle of the park with my family present was not the time nor the place. Enlightening this CM on her inappropriate behavior was far less important than salvaging a fun night with my family before my DD leaves for college.
    Cant argue with that.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: