Quantcast Has anyone else read this?/DDP Changes [Merged Threads]

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Has anyone else read this?/DDP Changes [Merged Threads]

Tips not included in 2008 Disney Dining Plan. "Folks booking on the 2008 Dining Plan (for trips starting January 1) may find a nasty surprise: some reports claim that no longer will tips be included in the meal." I have read this a couple of times and am just more curious about it. If it turns out to be true, would the DP be worth it to you?
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

With or without tips included, we save money on the DP. The answer is yes, still worth it.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I'd have to say yes also. It still saves us money.
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah - I love that I didn't have to budget for anything!! I would still do it in a heartbeat!
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it would still be worth it to us. I don't know why, and I understand some would think it's a waste, but we almost always tip 15% above the included gratuity in the DDP anyway.
    Jen :)

CR-1981
    offsite-1985
    Marriott Grande Vista 2002
    WL 2004
    Poly 2005
    CR Atrium Club 2006
    Poly 2007
    Beach Club CL, Grand Floridian 2008
    Beach Club CL 2009
    GF Royal Palm Club CL 2010
    WL CL 2011
    CR Presidential Suite 2012
    BC Club Level 2012
    Poly CL 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, this is very likely happening for 2008.
    The rumored reason is because even though there is already a tip included in your "bill," your servers are not receiving that tip (or not all of it at least).
    Removing the tip from the DDP wil ensure that your server will actually get whatever tip you feel is appropriate.

I have not heard if the price of the plan is changing in any way for 2008.
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps the service will get better?....

(I've always had good service except for 1 time, but I've heard many other posts/threads saying that they've had bad service)
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

If they are not going to include tipping on the DDP anymore the plan with inflation should be about 13% less than last year. If it's not then your paying a lot more than last year.
    CBR-Jan 28-Feb 5 2010
    AKL-Dec 2008
    CBR- Oct. 2006
    POR-May 2005
    All Star Movies-Oct. 2003 [kids first trip]
    Coronado-Oct. 2000 [2nd. honeymoon]
    CBR-Oct. 1995 [honeymoon 1st. trip ever]

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen rumors of this posted here but cannot seem to find anything official(on this site or the WDW one). Is there somewhere I can go to read about this? TIA

Post Thanks / Like

Until I see this on the Disney site or hear it from one of Intercot's reliable sources, I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I probably would continue to get the DDP though, as I like the idea of that part of our trip being "prepaid."
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know too much about the dining plan but from what I know it would still be worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

While I am still in favor of the dining plan, I am concerned about having the correct amount of cash on hand for the proper tip. Would we be able to charge the tip?

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

If the price of the plan didn't change for the better, we may not purchase it. Think about a $200.00 meal. That would be $40.00 at 20percent. Hardly worth it. If we did do the dining plan without tip, since the employees are the ones who didn't want it, they will be the ones not to get it!
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

We would still do it. We also give an additional tip for good service anyway.

Of course we do not carry too much cash, so they would have to find a way to let you charge it to the room. The way it is set up now you have to have cash to tip over because there is no way to add to the current charge after it is closed. I carry $10 or $20 but not $40 or $50!

I tried to book the dining plan for our February trip but was not allowed. They said the plan for 2008 has not been released.
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey91 View Post
    If the price of the plan didn't change for the better, we may not purchase it. Think about a $200.00 meal. That would be $40.00 at 20percent. Hardly worth it. If we did do the dining plan without tip, since the employees are the ones who didn't want it, they will be the ones not to get it!
    We haven't any proof it was the employees who decided they did not want it, we only have a rumor. Don't be so quick to be angry at the employees. If the rumor is true, though, the workers at many of the restaurants weren't receiving 18%. Some places the server receives as little as $5 per person who ate there with the dining plan, which isn't even close to 18%. Hey, on my restaurant bills, that isn't even 10% which I would be embarrassed to leave at a restaurant! I'm angry at management for selling their employees so short!

All I know is I am dining at Wolfgang Puck's my first night and they only give there employees $5 "tip" per person on the dining plan. As I know we will spend more than $25 per person, I'll leave extra for my server so they will get 18-20% (it is my understanding if a person gives extra tip on the Dining Plan, the server does get that money).
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

All I know is I am dining at Wolfgang Puck's my first night and they only give there employees $5 "tip" per person on the dining plan
    Is this accurate? Is this only at Wolfgang Puck's or do other restaurants also give a set tip instead of the 18%?

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by vamaggie
    I have seen rumors of this posted here but cannot seem to find anything official(on this site or the WDW one). Is there somewhere I can go to read about this? TIA
    Nope, cause it is not (yet at least) official.

A few UK Travel Agencies have started to report that the 2008 Dining Plan will contain some changes; however, it is not clear how reputable the information is at this point-in-time.
    Figment! aka Jason șoș
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dbmarie View Post
    Is this accurate? Is this only at Wolfgang Puck's or do other restaurants also give a set tip instead of the 18%?
    Well, it was reported by Natazu (Jym) so it is possible he has inaccurate information, but Jym is pretty much on the money when it comes to Dining at WDW. Here is the link to the thread discussing it.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Default rumours on WDW podcast

I also heard this rumour on a WDW podcast. I also heard of some other changes and additions such as a dining plan with a bottle of wine per day and also a different primium package that included 3 meals a day, 2 snacks and a resort mug. Once again these are rumours, but interesting all the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Not including the tip is stupid IMO. The servers will get even less now I bet, not to mention all the confusion that will happen as people will not realize the tip is not included and still think it is the old way and not have any moey for it. Plus at Disney prices for food people will start leaving less than 18%, and perhaps a lot less if the service isn't outstanding! If this happens I'm thinking the DME will be the way to go instead...
    DVC Member SSR
    SSR Apr 08
    AS Movies Apr 07

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: