OK, after much deliberation and discussion, we've decided to tell our girls - 9 & 11 yo - the night before about our trip. They think we're going on a road trip to Niagara Falls and Hershey Park. '

It's impossible to prepare them for our trip w/o telling them ahead of time. Getting ready for a road trip is completely different from getting ready for a trip to DW on an airplane (cooler, pillows, snacks & drinks et.al. that would be packed for a road trip).

I called my cousin tonight who does an awesome Donald Duck impression and asked if he would be available Tues. eve. to call the girls. He said he will be happy to do it - which we figured since he is an idiot (said with great affection as we all love him dearly - he is definitely one of the good ones). We haven't decided on the exact wording of "Donald's" message yet, but we're working on it.

Any suggestions for this? Or for last minute packing tips? Bathing suits, of course, are de rigeur. I already bought 3 misting fans and 2 boxes of Miracle Clothes to wipe up the sweat.

ADRs are made. Birthday plans (for me on Friday!) are made. What am I missing????

Any and all suggestions are welcome!