Quantcast Digital or Disposable Camera in Parks? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I bring both (digital and film.) I like the classic film, but there are some pictures that digital works better with.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

DH likes digital. I prefer the disposible for the ease and no worry facotr. I have not seen too much difference in the 2 for picture quality and the kids like to have their own disposible ones to take pics of what they want so we take both (and honestly I end up taking more pics with the disposible ones!)

Post Thanks / Like

I bring my digital, I have a camera bag that holds the camera, cell phone, key to the world card, credit card, cash. etc. It's like carrying a purse but much smaller.
    I usually give the kids disposable so if they get lost it's not an expensive loss.
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

Digital all the way. I have finally convinced my wife to ditch the throw away cameras. With those, you do not know how the pics turn out until you develop the film. Plus, the picture quality is poor. With digital, you can see what the picture looks like, can take another if needs be, can store 2000+ pictures with a $50 memory card, and it is FAR cheaper in the short run. Typically, you can recover cost in a year for a digital camera.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

We go with the digital everytime!! It takes way better pictures than a digital. We take our laptop and upload all our pics at the end of the day so we have an empty memory card for our camera the next day. That way we don't have to worry about how many pictures we've taken or how many we have left. We come away from a week long trip with over 1,000 pics!!

149 more days!

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say to take the digital...we have never had a problem with losing it and of course you can review your pictures and make sure that they turned out. Also, we have a portable printer so we can print out the pictures for our autugraphs each night at the resort.
    DDuck66
    Disney Veteran

2000- Once
    2001- Twice
    2002- Three Times
    2003- Three times
    2004 Twice
    2005 Twice
    2006- October and Christmas
    2007- The year of the annual pass!!!
    2008- Concierge at the POLY!!!!
    2009- Birthdays in January and March!!!!
    2010- Lots of trips..Too many to count!!

Post Thanks / Like

I definitely go with the digital. Better picture quality, easy to use and they can be uploaded to your computer instantly.
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Post Thanks / Like

Didgital. You are able to review and keep the good photos right away. This allows you to delete bad one and gives you the opportunity to retake a shot if possible instead of waiting for developing the film, usually back home, and not being able to get that one shot.

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I always take my digital camera and a waterproof disposable camera. I use my digital camera for all of my pictures in the parks and around our resort. However, I love to have a waterproof disposable camera for water rides and the water parks. The Fugi brand comes with a wrist band so it won't get lost when you are on all the rides at the water parks. I've gotten some really fun shots that I would have missed if I hadn't taken the disposable camera.
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

We bring both -- our good digital camera for us (mainly for dh) and the disposable cameras for the kids. DH loves the digital quality. I like being able to delete the cruddy looking shots at the end of the day.

The disposables are great for the kids though! I'm never worried if they get dropped or lost. Plus its a hoot for me to see dh and both kids snapping away like fiends, each with their own cameras, on Kilamanjaro Safaris.

On a side note, put an address lable on your camera. My dh left our brand-new-just-for-the-trip digital camera in the food court at AKL. Before we'd even noticed it was gone, the front desk called our room to say someone had turned it in.
    Polynesian & Contemporary 1980
    Carribean Beach, Animal Kingdom Lodge & Polynesian 2004
    Pop Century & Port Orleans French Quarter 2005
    Pop Century & Port Orleans French Quarter 2007

We love hotel hopping!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Hey,
    1st time I went I brought 2 disposables and my old point and shoot camera. I shot like 8 rolls of film and both disposable. And after paying to have all the film developed, I was crushed! I had paid a fortune for a lot of really bad shots. Last year we went twice and both times we brought our new digital cameras. I took over 900 pics with my camera alone! My husband took nearly as many. And then I could go through them at the end of each day and decide which ones I liked the best and delete the rest. I loved this freedom. Something to consider!
    Disneyland every summer of my childhood!
    Disneyland Paris May 2003
    All Star Movies - February 2004
    All Star Sports - August 2006
    Pop Century - January 2007
    THE MOUSE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!

LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ncscgirl2005 View Post
    Thanks for the info guys. I love my digital camera and recently purchased a new 2 GB memory card especially for this trip so I think I might as well go for it and bring it anyway.
    i agree with digital, but one thing we are going to do is instead of buying the 2 gb cards, we are going to get the smaller 512 mb cards (which are really cheap) and once they are full of the pics we want, flip the switch to lock them and keep them as back-ups
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

Post Thanks / Like

First of all congrats on your first time on going 2 WDW! I think that digital cameras are best for one reason they have a memory card of like 200 pics when a disposable has like 25. On a digital camera u are able 2 decide if u want to keep the pic or if its a bad 1 just delete it. Thats just my oppnion. Also i deffinetly think u should take a back-pack. I mean u always want to have an umbrella or poncho with u at all times. Also ur gonna need ur wallet so i would bring a back pack. Have fun for ur first time at WDW and be sure to tell us all about it when u get back!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Definately take the digital. It's so nice to be able to take unlimited pix and retake the ones that didn't turn out very well. We have a little pouch with a strap for it that I wear like a purse. We just put our tickets in there and don't even take another bag. It's nice not carrying all that extra weight around all day. It is just the 2 of us though, no kids.
    Karen

2009 ~ Hopefully next trip!
    1/2006 ~Coronado Springs
    12/1999 ~Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely digital! Its more cost effective in the long run, since you don't have to develop shots you know you don't like, can take a million and dump the memory card every night into a laptop (or bring extra), and you don't run out of film (or cameras) so you don't have to buy expensive film or cameras in the parks. Two things, though--bring a waterproof bag to keep it in (like a makeup bag or plastic Zippy bag) so that if it gets wet on KRR or SM (and my stuff always gets wet on Kali, despite the nifty cubbies), the electronics won't get ruined, AND be sure to bring at least a few extra batteries. I ran out in AK last time and had to pay $15 for four batteries!
    șoș...E. M....șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Both my dh and I love photography, so we take our Nikon D50 with a couple of lenses. We also take our older Kodak DX6490 for our older ds to use.
    Squeaky Mouse

Too Many Trips to List (PAP holders)

Upcoming:
    Spring Break -- POP
    May -- AKL ???

Charleston, SC- 395.4 miles/6 hrs. & 15 min. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crazeedizneefinatic View Post
    Digital definately! We just purchased a Sony cybershot, 7.2 megapixals. This camera is so awesome! The quality is amazing, like nothing I have ever seen! We had an old digital last trip and am really looking forward to this one with our new digital. For anyone looking for an amazing camera at a fair price check this one out! It has a movie mode that will record just like a camcorder for how ever long you want. The camera is so small too. Our old camera recorded for a max of 3 minutes. This one is infinate! The sound quality is excellent too! We just purchased 2 extra 4gb cards for our upcoming trip in September. I am hoping to get some great video.

This post took the words right out of my mouth. All I can say is

I own the exact same camera and love it for photos and movies. This camera doesn't require batteries either. You just have to remember to bring your charger and charge it up every few days. I would never go back to a regular camera now. It is so nice to know that you have the exact picture you want, and be able to re-take it if you did not get what you wanted in the first shot. Also, we go "bagless" all the time in the parks. This camera is so small that it fits comfortably in the front pocket of my shorts or pants. I will put in a small sandwich size ziplock bag if it looks like rain in the forecast. I have never had a problem with it.
    Last edited by McGoofy; 07-11-2007 at 04:23 PM. Reason: left some info out
    Tara °O°

AP holder since '03 and DVC owner since '08

Next Up:
    April '10--DH, DS11, and me--Spring break/Saratoga Springs Resort/ Flower and Garden Festival

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky Mouse View Post
    Both my dh and I love photography, so we take our Nikon D50 with a couple of lenses. We also take our older Kodak DX6490 for our older ds to use.

I have the Canon XTI and 4 lenses. However, I only ended up using the one it came with while we were in the park. Carring around the camera bag was a PITA along with carrying a backpack with drinks, autograph books, etc.... So whats your secret? I REALLY REALLY want to be able to use all my lenses when we go back next year. I missed some really good shots because I had the wrong lens on. Not to mention, I seemed to never have a free hand when I needed to shoot. I was really disappointed with my photography this trip!

And to answer the question, I go with both. This trip I carried my XTI in the parks. And in the water parks and pool, we had a couple water proof disposable cams.
    Jessica

Next Up - Aug 09' Wilderness Lodge
    98-08 - Shades of Green
    80-97 - Poly, CR, ASSports and family Condo at Daytona Beach.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Digital Camera & WAterproff camera

On my upcoming trip (Aug 27,2007) I will be taking my digital camera, 1 Gig card, a 512 meg card and I bought a disposable waterproof camera when we go to shark reef at Typhoon Lagoon.
    Hope 2 memory cards will be enough

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Take the digital

You will be disappointed by a disposable. You will want the zoom, and a digital takes better night pics.

At WalMart they have a really nice compact case for $6. You can attach it to your belt or slide it into your pocket.
    "We'll make a wish and do as dreamers do; and all our wishes will come true!"
    SEPt1998 - RCC - Enchantment of the Seas
    JAN2003 - WDW - ALL STAR MOVIES
    OCT2003 - RCC - Majesty of the Seas
    OCT2004 - RCC - Voyager of the Seas
    JAN'05-SEPT'07 - 4 TRIPS to POP Century

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: