Last night I played a version of Capture the Flag with other Intercot members. I had not known about the double credits on Tuesdays, but it works out well. I ended up getting 600-800 credits for each pair of win/lose games. On the games our side 'lost' I averaged 200-300 credits (double credits night). With the games we won, I averaged 400-500 credits.

It is great for those that have laggy connections, since you do not need to out manuever the opponent. The way it works is you get a group together (preferably friends that you know or Intercot people*) and start the game. Both teams get the flag, but you alternate who gets back to base. This way three rounds are played. Credits are maximized by the non-flag carrying players sinking each other or being sunk by a flag carrier.

A great fringe benefit is that even if you are normally a poor player, you can get a treasure key every six games (3 wins and 3 losses), so be sure to play level 3.

If you want to maximize points the non-flag carriers should have heavy ships with more armor. Only hit with 2-3 cannon balls then they pick up health. Hit again, etc. Just before the flag gets home, sink them to collect extra points. Just be sure not to sink the flag carriers!

*It is probably best not to have unknown players join the game, as they may get upset about the players not being so competitive in the game.