Quantcast Another crocs question....

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another crocs question....

I am thinking about getting crocs...even though I used to think they were ugly. But reading about them on Disney boards have made me change my mind now....
    Anyways...I was researching them online (lol) and I found this site about how dangerous crocs are! =O And how some kids skin on his toes ripped off when his shoe got stuck in an escalator! And there were some nasty pictures! I havent tried on a pair yet but do you guys think I would be...safe...in crocs??

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Any shoe can get caught in an escalator.

Many people wear crocs without problems. I don't own a pair, but I wouldn't hesitate to get a pair for any reason other than the way they look.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, thank you. I guess I was thinking too much about it then..

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't hesitate to buy them. They are fantastic shoes! I love mine and wear them everyday.

I climb ladders at work (not figurative but literal ladders ... LOL!) and I have no problem keeping them on. My co-worker is scared and will not wear them up and down the ladders. You can always put the strap down to protect you from flying out of them... if that's what makes you nervous.

They are very comfortable. I have only ever heard one person say they didn't like them and that was on here.

-Kristy

Many trips all off-site
    Oct 07 Pop and Poly
    June 08 POP/Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto on the idea that ANY shoe can get caught in an escalator.

The only thing I have noticed that seems to be universal with Crocs is that they tend to be slippery when wet. However, this doesn't happen on all surfaces. Where I have had problem with them slipping is when I stepped on painted surfaces on parking lots when they were wet. I also found them to be slippery on my wet garage floor. However, I also want to say that the people who originally built the house I live in had an unusually smooth surface put onto the garage floor. (it is suppose to keep oil and such from soaking into the concrete."

However, I wouldn't say this slippery issue is anything that would keep me from buying or wearing my crocs. I love them for the comfort but hate them for their looks!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another crocs question

I love mine, in fact have them on at work now and plan to wear them to DC/New York trip next week, since I wore them at Disney and they were the best. BUT, the only problem I have found is nearly falling several times, you are walking and they tend to stop and you keep going, in fact my daughter is also a nurse and her hospital banned them for nurses because 3 had fallen, I know one did at our hospital, for that reason I won't let my 75yo mother wear them because she isn't the most stable as it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Crocs are great (I have a pair), ...I also have a generic pair from WalMart and they are actually more comfortable.

But, these shoes are not made to run in. A lot of kids just don't understand this.

I work in the EMS field,...and LOTS of kids have tripped over their own feet and I've seen lots of broken bones. The shoes are kinda bulky.

Ask any school nurse......I'm sure she'll agree.

But please understand....they ARE nice shoes...just not made to run in for children.

This is my opinion.....
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I don't own a pair but I know a lot of people
    have them and love them. I always wear tennis
    shoes to WDW. I feel more at ease in them and
    can walk forever.

Post Thanks / Like

lol, we bought 3 pair (DH, DD and me) after I read all the raves here the other day.
    Yesterday my 4 year old took a header in the parking lot! I always hold her hand, but I was a step ahead and just couldn't straighten her up in time. Her hands hit first, then her face - I was sure she would get a big black and blue goose egg on her face - just in time for our trip to Disney. I got ice from the food court and held it on her face for 10 minutes - followed that up with aloe and then gave her arnica (homeopathic remedy). This morning she just had a little reddness and now it seems to be gone completely!
    I think the bulkiness of the crocs contributed to her fall - but my daughter also happens to be on the clumsy side. I would, though, caution children against running in them. Becky still loves her new shoes and I have no intention of stopping her from wearing them - hopefully she'll just become a little better coordinated!
    Lauren

Post Thanks / Like

I have a pair and in fact, I am wearing them as I type. I love them. So comfy (and I have a ton of problems with my feet). I wore them to the Jersey shore last week and they were great for the sand. I hosed them off and put them right back on for the boardwalk. Since they are much lighter than sneakers, it's easier to walk up and down stairs as well. Ugly.....YES! But that's my ONLY problem with them.
    1988 Family Trip as a kid (offsite)
    1989-Family Trip (First time at MGM)
    2001-Daytrip
    2003-Trip with Friends (First time AK)
    2005-Sept 25-30-POP Century
    2006-Sept 25-Oct 1- All Star Music
    2007-Sept 9-17-All Star Music
    2008-closing of PI only
    2009-May 21-22 Disneyland/DCA

Post Thanks / Like

"saw a patient last week that I had operated on 2 months ago (I'm a podiatrist) who claimed that Crocs were the only thing she could get her feet into. Needless to say, they messed up her feet."
    Could you elabprate on how her feet were messed up by crocs? I'm sure you know what you're talking about, being a podiatrist - but I have a hard time making an informed decision based on "messed up"
    Thanks,
    Lauren

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Donald. So, as a layman - I guess that without a supportive arch, the weight of her body applied excessive pressure to the surgery site causing swelling -
    But, as a professional, do you think that crocs present a problem for people with "healthy feet"? I ask because I just bought mine (so - no damage done yet) and am also somewhat comfortable in my Teva sandals (of course, they also don't have a stiff arch).
    Thanks for the free professional advice!
    Lauren

Post Thanks / Like

I'll pipe in again and make a second comment:

When I bought my Crocs at an outdoor shop on Monteagle Mtn, TN....the owner told me that a local doctor just 50 pair for his patients to try because he 'swears by 'em'.

But again...Kids - don't run. Parents - don't run. You'll trip....and you could put an eye out like the Red Rider BB Gun.
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

does anyone have the maryjane style? I saw them in the store and I think they are much more attractive. My only concern is the strap that is top. Does that start to rub if you wear them for a long time?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Becky'sMom View Post
    "saw a patient last week that I had operated on 2 months ago (I'm a podiatrist) who claimed that Crocs were the only thing she could get her feet into. Needless to say, they messed up her feet."
    Could you elabprate on how her feet were messed up by crocs? I'm sure you know what you're talking about, being a podiatrist - but I have a hard time making an informed decision based on "messed up"
    Thanks,
    Lauren
    Quote Originally Posted by Becky'sMom View Post
    Thank you Donald. So, as a layman - I guess that without a supportive arch, the weight of her body applied excessive pressure to the surgery site causing swelling -
    But, as a professional, do you think that crocs present a problem for people with "healthy feet"? I ask because I just bought mine (so - no damage done yet) and am also somewhat comfortable in my Teva sandals (of course, they also don't have a stiff arch).
    Thanks for the free professional advice!
    Lauren
    Did I miss something? Who's feet got messed up?
    1988 Family Trip as a kid (offsite)
    1989-Family Trip (First time at MGM)
    2001-Daytrip
    2003-Trip with Friends (First time AK)
    2005-Sept 25-30-POP Century
    2006-Sept 25-Oct 1- All Star Music
    2007-Sept 9-17-All Star Music
    2008-closing of PI only
    2009-May 21-22 Disneyland/DCA

Post Thanks / Like

I bought my MaryJane style at Dick's Sporting Goods.
    I don't know abou the top starp over time...I've only had them a couple of days...but I am taking them to Disney...along with some options - just in case.
    Lauren

Post Thanks / Like

Did I miss something? Who's feet got messed up?
    Snifflesmcg -- I think that the Dr removed his posts.

My personal opinion, is to wear what is comfortable to you. You will only know if Crocs are comfortable to you once you wear them for a bit. I wear Crocs all the time at work, but never for great distances. I am taking mine to WDW and also my sneaks. We will see what is better for me after a day in both.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    º0º Monica º0º

Resorts visited to date: *CR * ASSp * CBR * Poly * POFQ * AKL * POR *

Most recent trip: Aug '08 - Disney Cruise Line and Poly!!

Year off and then Off-Site Timeshare and WL July 2010!

"It all started with a mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

they were ugly to me too, but I kept getting so tempted everytime I'd walk by a booth selling them at the parks! (they are everywhere!) I eventually broke down and bought some, and I'm glad I did, they are really comfy!
    Last trips: August 06, May 07, November 08, June 09
    Next trip: May 21-30, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the replies..lol. Are they that slippery when wet? Because I trusted my Nike Shox, but last week in AK, I stepped on a rock to get over it (a little lumpy rock) and i fell head first, but landed on my knees. No one would let me live it down.. Do you think crocs would be more troublesome?

Post Thanks / Like

Love 'em, love 'em, LOVE 'EM!! ... and no, they are not all ugly... I have the Patra style, and they are actually quite cute... and amazingly comfortable and cool!

All three of my little cherubs are sporting various Jibbits ridden colors of their Cayman (ugly, but cute on kids)style. DD5 also has an adorable pair of the Mary Jane's (which she loves and seems a little more secure on her feet) and DS5 also has a pair of the Scutes. No rubs, blisters or broken bones!

That being said, if you are barefoot, and the INSIDE of the shoe gets wet, yes your foot will slip around inside. I have never had a problem with them being any more slippery on a wet surface than any other shoe.

As other posters have mentioned, these are not running shoes. Could I run to catch a wayward toddler? Sure... Have my kids run in them? You betcha... Have they fallen down? Yup... Would they have tripped in any other shoe? probably.

So I guess the point is this... Buy em'... Wear 'em... but bring a back up just in case. That's what I'm gonna do! Last year my feet were hot, sweaty , swollen, and sore after a day in the parks, and that was in cushie sneakers! This year I'm hoping for comfie, cool , non-sore piggies! Wish me luck!
    Last edited by MouseManiac; 07-04-2007 at 01:07 PM. Reason: typo
    ºoº Kim ºoº
    August '13 - Beach Club
    August '12 - All Star Homes
    September '08 - All-Star Homes, Pop, Poly...Whew! Lots of packing!
    September '07 - POFQ
    September '06 - Off Property
    ....And lots more than can fit on here!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: