Quantcast Worst Meal EVER in WDW - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Several years ago, on a WDW trip with my family, we ate at Alfredo's and had a wonderful time. My husband still talks about having fettucini Alfredo at the "real" Alfredo's. I'm really disappointed that so many people have listed a meal at this restaurant as one of their worst at WDW. If food and service quality have nosedived that badly, it's understandable that Alfredo's is being replaced.

Robyn
    Last edited by robyn221; 08-12-2007 at 02:50 PM. Reason: should have previewed before submitting
    I never look back, darling! It distracts from the now.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Really have never had a meal that was inedible at WDW, but I will not go back to the Coral Reef. All three times that we ate there, we waited over an hour past our ADR to be seated. The food was mediocre and had I been paying out ofpocket would have felt ripped off. The waiters really weren't attentive at all. The only good thing was the tanks, and we can get just as good a look into them as inside the pavillion.
    Danielle

First Trip: April 1977
    Last Trip:- June 15-June 27 BLT and Vero Beach
    Next Trip: June 20-30 Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Our trip to WDW this September will be our first since the DDP was introduced. How do you think this has affected quality of food and service, particularly at the table service restaurants?

Robyn
    I never look back, darling! It distracts from the now.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not worst but interesting...

The first night we were at WDW in July, we had reservations at Ohana's. Now, the food was terrific but when we were served ~ family style ~ the bowl of vegetables, my husband took a bite and discovered the circular cardboard cutout from a box. We told our server and he apologized and we laughed and said it was fine and to not worry about it. The next thing we know, here comes the chef. He was also very apologetic and asked if there was anything he could do to make it up to us. We thought FOR SURE he would offer to buy us a drink or to not charge us for the meal or whatever so we, again, just laughed it off ~ thinking he would protest. Well, he didn't and thanked us and walked away. I was pretty bummed that we didn't get anything free out of the deal but that's just my 'frugal' disease But the food was DELICIOUS!
    "For it's always fair weather when good fellows get together"

Several trips to Disneyland as a child
    1974 ~ Off-Site ~ Magic Kingdom at WDW
    1984 ~ Off-Site ~ Magic Kingdom & Epcot
    July 2007 ~ Pop Century & DDP ~ LOVED IT SO MUCH WE'RE...
    Going back in 2009 ~ Can't Wait!!!

Post Thanks / Like

the only bad meal I ever had was at a place that thankfully is no longer there. A pizza place in Fantasyland gave you personal pizzas exactly like the $1 microwave pizzas you get at the market with the waffly crust..yech!
    1981(FW) 1982(FW) 1983(FW) 1984(FW) 1985(FW)
    1986(FW) 1987(FW) 1989-2x(FW) 2004(ASMO)2008(CSR)

You can't just let it go...not even on your birthday.

Post Thanks / Like

My worse meal was Whispering Canyon... The food wasn't that good...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

We did not enjoy our meal atL' Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante in Italy at WS. Mostly because my family and I are more "american italian" eaters and did not appreciate the authenticity of our normally favorite dishes.

Post Thanks / Like

sci-fi, consistently awful food and sadly crt for dinner
    01-93 off sight
    03-04 POP
    08-04 POP
    03-05 POP
    11-05 POP
    06-06 POR
    05-07 CSR
    01-08 POP
    07-08 POR
    03-09 ASMU
    08-09 POP
    08-10 POP
    02-11 POP

Post Thanks / Like

Thw worst meal we had was on our first trip to wdw in 2004. We wnet to the sci fi diner and the food was cold the service was really slow and it was to dark to see. To top it off the waitress gave us the bill of the people who we were sharing the car with.
    The second worst meal was in Bistro de Paris in epcot. The waiter was really rude and ridiculled us for not being able to pronouce the french to his satisfaction despite the fact that we really tried. Then he mixed my sister and I's orders up and left us to sort it out. There were only two of us so it couldn't have been hard (although we are identical twins!)
    Dragongirlx (AkA Ruth)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

2004 - offsite
    2006 - Dolphin
    2007- WL
    2008 - Poly
    2009 - WL
    2010 - GF
    2012 - WL
    2013 - WL
    2014 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Mine was at Boatwright's in Port Orlean's Riverside. I had some pasta which was just terrible. I couldn't tell you what it was now. Also the pizza on the resorts is the worst pizza ever, I ordered room service pizza and I thought it tasted like cardboard. It was horrible.
    Disney Wilderness Campground 1989
    Disney's Polynesian Resort 1996
    Disney's Port Orlean's Riverside 2004
    Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort This September 2007 YAY!

Post Thanks / Like

We had a poor experience at Spoodles many years ago. The food was the fine, but the waiter was atrocious. I don't remember the details, but my family has not been back.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

The worst I ever had was at the Planet Hollywood. (Not really in the parks) I had the shrimp alfredo and ended up with food poisoning. Ruined the rest of my trip.
    ~Ashley~
    ~ºOº 83-93 -Poly
    96-ASMu
    2x 2006- POR
    2x 2007- CBR/POR
    2008- AKL
    2009- CR
    Apr 2010- Poly
    Oct 2010- AKL & Poly
    Next trip Mar 2011 GF ºOº~

Here you leave today - and visit the worlds of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy

Post Thanks / Like

The worst meal we ever had wasn't really a meal but an appetizer. At River Roost Lounge in POR we had spareribs. They had so much sauce they were disgusting. I tried having my DH remove some of the sauce but it they were gross all together. They really ruined some nice ribs
    Last edited by mrsgaribaldi; 08-14-2007 at 10:30 AM. Reason: changed an edited word

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Our worst meal at the World was at Beaches and Cream. After waiting 45 minutes we were were finally seated at the counter--after we were refused an open table. The party after us on the waiting list got the table--go figure that one out. The food was greasy and our server was inattentive and clueless. We have not gone back since. That place is ridiculous--yes, it's tiny, but if they can't provide a modicum of decent service and food they should use the space for something else.

Post Thanks / Like

Our worst was the Donald's Breakfastosaurus... tasteless and cold food... horrible service... crowded feel to the place...
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

I'm having a hard time coming up with a "worst meal", because we've never really had anything that was horribly bad. However, our bottom two are probably Tony's Town Square - the food was mediocre, I've had better "Italian" at Olive Garden. The other is Boma. While Boma isn't "bad, stay away", it just wasn't anything we would want to do again, and we tried it two different times in four years.

Probably though, my worst meal would be at O'hana. Not that the food was bad or anything, I just wasn't feeling well, and couldn't eat very much. I think it was due to the previous night's meal at Cape May not agreeing with me for about a day. So, for me it was a bad meal.

I feel like a need to add a disclaimer/special notice here that may be helpful for others. Personally, I will try a restaurant at least twice before I give it a "bad" rating. I do this because I know there are many variables that go into a "good meal". There's the chef, kitchen staff and wait staff, any one of which can be having a bad day and it can effect your meal or the service you get. Also, there's always a rare possibility that you'll get a bad piece of meat/fish, regardless of how it's handled and prepared. Sometimes these things just happen. Very rarely do I ever complain about a bad meal or service, unless it's just REALLY noticably bad, and I feel like it will help the manager and maybe the staff improve someone else's experience, or perhaps even mine on my next visit.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyorBust View Post
    Without question, our worst meal ever at WDW was at Alfredo's.
    I know that Alfredos has a large number of fans here but our meal was bad from the start.
    The service was uninspired and only got worse when they found out that we were on the Dining plan. The food was very disappointing, three of my family ordered the Fettuccini Alfredo, what we actually received was overcooked pasta in a thick, pasty sauce.
    Not disappointed that Alfredos is going away.
    I have heard this issue from a few different people. I had no problems with Alfredo's Fettucine Alfredo. Most Americans it seems equate Fettucine Alfredo with the creamy white sauce you get at most chain restaurants. Actually, it is pasta, a little cream, and lots of cheese. As a result, real fettucine alfredo is often not quite as creamy as expected.

Post Thanks / Like

We've not really had a terrible meal experience. I guess we've been really lucky.

We did have poor service at Sci Fi 2 years ago, although Sci Fi is a must do for us every trip, we like the atmosphere and have never thought we had a bad meal.

We also had a not so great experience at PH last year and said it will be awhile before we return. We ended up at a table right there as you walk in, so we couldn't really see anything! DS's 8 & 10 were very disappointed. We've eaten there every year & either these tables were new, or I just hadn't noticed them before. It seemed like we were in the lobby! The food and service were definitely mediocre!It just wasn't up to par with previous visits, not for a $75.00 meal anyway!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AliceinDisney View Post
    Also the pizza on the resorts is the worst pizza ever, I ordered room service pizza and I thought it tasted like cardboard. It was horrible.
    I have to agree with you there. Not only was it the worst but it was the most expensive. It seems like with all the wonderful food WDW has to offer they could make a decent pizza.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2. The first was at Electric Umbrella in Epcot. I got a cheeseburger which resembled a small, burnt hockey puck on a bun. The second was Toy Story Pizza Planet. The pizza there is horrible. Maybe it was just me being from north Jersey and expecting good pizza.
    *1993-CBR
    *1995-Dixie Landings
    *1999-2002 OKW (3 times)
    *2003-BCV(got engaged)
    *2005-Poly Concierge(honeymoon)
    *2007-AllStar Music(expecting 1st child)
    *2008- OKW (w/1st child)
    *2012-AKL villas

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: