Quantcast For those calorie counters

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default For those calorie counters

Okay, well, I'm not really a calories counter, at least not a hardcore one yet. I like to just keep an eye out of what I consume a day. Can you request the amount of calories in your meals at Disney.?
    VMK: RoyalRoseBlue

10 trips before 2000
    2000 - All Star Sports (Senior Trip)
    2001 - CP CM @ CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if you can request the amount of calories in your meals...but they should have some sort of nutritional guide since they are restaurants.

Unless you are calorie counting for a medical reason I say forget that counting ...that's what I did!

Seriously though...if you are that worried (unless for a medical reason - as stated above) I say just try to eat healthier options instead of the fast food options (pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, fries....etc).

I suggest to bring some of those 100 Calorie packs - they are a good snack option compared to (which is very fatty when butter is added), cookies, & ice cream.
    Possible 3rd Trip: Sept 2008
    ?

2nd Trip:
    Nov 23 - Dec 9 2007
    POP Century

POFQ 2006 (Honeymoon)- July 2-July 16
    First WDW trip

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest
    #1 Don't do the dining plan if you don't want to gain weight. All those desserts!

#2 If you are in a TS restaurant, if a meal comes with a side of fries or rice or other starch, ask if it can be substituted with veggies. That gives you less calories and you don't feel so weighted down afterward.

#3 Avoid getting high calorie drinks (like soda). Save the calories for the food, and drink water for your thirst.

#4 Remember that this is your vacation. So keep things in moderation but don't stress out over calories. You can stress out when you come home.

Post Thanks / Like

I was in Disney last September during free dining and I just ate anything I wanted ( I do weight watchers) I did not count calories (points) we did a lot of walking and when I came home I did not gain or loss any pounds so it all evened out The next week I did lose a pound

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the previous post.

I say chuck your diet at the gates and enjoy yourself for however long you are there and then hit it hard when you get home.

I low carb so I did gain 6 pounds my last trip there with out all the walking it could have been more. When I got home I got back on my plan and it was gone in a couple of weeks.
    șOș Coleen șOș

Up next:
    Hubby's 40th - Dec. 2014 (POP) 1st Christmas Trip
    Past Disney Trips
    Honeymoon - August 2004 (Radisson) Hurricane Charlie
    Family Vacation - July 2006 (POP)
    Anniversary Vacation - Aug 2007 (CSR)
    Family Vacation - Oct. 2011 Food & Wine Festival!! (POR) FREE DINING!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: