Quantcast Unsure about water park

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Unsure about water park

I'm trying to decide if I want to go to a water park or not during my next (solo) trip.

I have a "day off" scheduled for the middle of my trip, and unless I'm completely worn-out and need a day to sleep in and just spend at my resort's pool, I would like to go to Typhoon Lagoon. I've been once before when I was younger and loved it, and really like water parks, but am just not sure if it's worth a day's admission.

I know September is a hot month, so that's not an issue. Does it usually rain in the mid-afternoon? Should I just wait to decide until I get there and see if rain is in the forecast?

Also how much are locker rentals? And do they give you a key or is it something else to open them? Since I'll be on my own I can't leave my belongings out in the open, so I'll have to rent a locker, but I want to know what type of key they give you so I'll be prepared on how to hold on to it. If it's a standard key does it have a hole on the top that can be put on a necklace?

And finally if I plan to go on a weekday in early September do you think I'll encounter large crowds?

Thanks!
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I always go to the water parks solo, its no big deal to me and I can relax, do what I want and enjoy the day. As for the weather, that's beyond your control, just have to wait and see; no clue on the crowds that depends; you can never really tell how they're going to be; as for the locker rentals, there are two sizes for different costs and you get a few dollars back (or whatever else they are promo-ing or marketing at the time) when you return the key.
    It's all about me ~*~

~*~ Disney Forever ~ I'll always be a Princess ~*~
    P I Forever
    DVC Owner
    **Jonas Brothers Forever** I met them, hugged them and then I freaked out...Kevin smells FANTASTIC!Burnin Up - 2 concerts ~ Look Me In The Eyes - 3 concerts ~ Best of Both Worlds - 2 concerts

7.37 miles from WDW. My retirement dream come true!
    Post Thanks / Like

That is going to be during free dining time so it may be more crowded than usual but even a crowded day at Typhoon Lagoon is a fun day....lots of space to accomdate people AND there's that much more people watching to do.

The key they give you for the lockers is on a little elastic band to wear on your wrist, ankle or kinda slip knot it to the strap of a bathing suit top.

You'll have a great day even if you just float in the lazy river all day!

ENJOY!
    I LOVE DISNEY WORLD!!!!!
    A dream is a wish your heart makes and mine came true when I retired here in December 2014! I go to a park at least once a week!

Post Thanks / Like

We love tl but I find the water parks exhausting.
    Moe
    1991 CBR, Honeymoon
    2004 POFQ
    2005 BC & Poly
    2006 Yacht Club
    2007 Yacht Club

2009 Boardwalk Inn
    2010 Boardwalk Inn
    2011 Boardwalk Inn

Post Thanks / Like

I would say go for it unless you are too tired. It drizzled a bit when we were there, but I think this actually helped diminish the crowds. I found it very relaxing (and I had four young boys with me!) But the resort pools are very relaxing too. You can't go wrong. Have fun!
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Share This Thread On Social Media: