Quantcast Year of 100 Questions: #32

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Question #32

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Universal's Islands of Adventure

29 41.43%
  • Sea World

41 58.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Year of 100 Questions: #32

The questions prior to this one have all been independent in that none of them needed the results of a previous question. This time, we're taking the winner of question #23 -- which was Universal Studios vs. Islands of Adventure and go up against Sea World. IOA won #23 in a close vote; can it do the same against Sea World?

Y100Q33 will appear in the Theme Parks thread, probably over the weekend. May also get Q34 in this weekend...that'll be in Accommodations.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say I haven't been to Universal. But, knowing it is more about thrills, I have to go with Sea World. I'm just not a thrill ride person. Which is one of the biggest reasons I haven't wasted time and money to go there.
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

We were at Sea World in San Diego last year and I loved it. I would go back in a minute. Universal really doesn't excite me.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

All the years I've been going to Orlando and I'd never once gone to Sea World until last September and you know what, as it turns out I wasn't missing much! It was just OK - I can cross it off my list now.

I would take IoA over Sea World in a heartbeat!
    Looks like I'm in the minority, so far (I'm the sole vote for IoA)...
    All it takes is faith and trust and a little pixie dust!
    Poly 72-78 LBV Fairway Villas 79-84
    Palace 85
    ? - 86-89 Off Site 93
    CS 99 LBV Hilton 02
    DVC Vero Beach 03
    POR 10/04 & 12/04
    ASMu 5/05
    DL Hotel 8/05
    CBR Sept/Oct 05 Poly 12/05
    POR/WL/AKL 9/06
    BC 12/06
    POR 10/07&DCL 11/07

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely Sea World for me!! We took our 18 mos old to the zoo a few weeks ago and she absolutely LOVED the see lions show!!! I know she would love to see all the marine life at Sea World. Some good friends of ours went to Sea World a few years ago and got to pet the penguins and get an upclose look at them. The pics were really cool and I'd love to have an experience like that as well.

202 more days to Disney!!

Post Thanks / Like

I said IOA. We have a tremendous aquarium close by (Mystic) and when we went to SW I wasn't impressed and most likely won't return. If I was to do something outside WDW aqua related it would most certainly be Discovery Cove (although I will wait a little longer so that the little ones are old enough to enjoy it as well). I will also confess that nothing outside of WDW really calls to me. No one seems to go all out like WDW.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Sea World (Despite living near New England and Mystic Aquariums, both of which I love.)
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

I am a roller coaster junkie & I have one word: Kraken. I LOVE that coaster!!! That is why I voted for Sea World. I also like the interactions with Dolphins. I have to say, though, that I love IOA, too. I like the coasters, Jurassic Park, Spiderman, Dr. Doom's Fear Fall, Dudley DoRight's Ripsaw Falls, and Halloween Horror Nights. This was a tough one for me.
    April

Remy: You gotta taste this! This is... oh, it's got this kind of... mmm, it's burny, it's melty... it's not really a smoky taste. It's kind of like a certain... Pshah! It's got like this " Ba-boom! Zap!" kind of taste. Dont you think? What would you call that flavor?
    Emile: Lightningy?

Post Thanks / Like

Island's of Adventure, although I haven't been to Sea World since the early 90's.
    VMK: RoyalRoseBlue

10 trips before 2000
    2000 - All Star Sports (Senior Trip)
    2001 - CP CM @ CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I had to vote for Sea World.

One reason......I work for the company that owns them.

Other reason.....more bang for the buck (okay...i get in free, but ignore that). I can be done with IOA by 3pm and be bored (actually finished it all by 11:30 last year). It takes me all day to do Sea World with the rides, shows, and exhibits.
    JR
    '86 Ramada Inn somewhere in Orlando :P
    '95 All Star Sports
    '00 All Star Music
    '03 Fort Wilderness
    '06 Fort Wilderness
    '07 Animal Kingdom Lodge

'09 Fort Wilderness
    '12 All Star Movies
    '13 Pop Century
    '14 Fort Wilderness
    '15 Fort Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

Sea World. For me, it is all about my kids. We went to SW in March '06, and my daughter's yelps, clapping and cheering for Shamu at at age 3 was just one of those priceless moments.

When I watch the movie clip of it and see her excitement and joy, it still brings a tear to my eye.
    1970-1990 Disneyland - 4 Day Trips
    1980-2001 WDW - 6 Day Trips
    2007 Polynesian (First Resort Stay!)
    2008 Polynesian - planning

GO HOKIES!

All my thoughts and prayers...
    Rest in Peace fellow Hokies
    04-16-2007

Post Thanks / Like

I chose Islands of Adventure.... One reason and one reason only: SPIDER-MAN!!!!
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

DW and I both want to get over and see the updates to Sea World, haven't been in ~15 years, we....just.......can't.....seem....to....drag..... ourselves.......away......from....the......
    magical........mouse........once......we......get. ....to.....WDW. His pull is soo strong
    that we don't want to leave ever, and we forget about the poor little defenseless killer
    whales, just a few minutes away.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWfeelslikehome View Post
    DW and I both want to get over and see the updates to Sea World, haven't been in ~15 years, we....just.......can't.....seem....to....drag..... ourselves.......away......from....the......
    magical........mouse........once......we......get. ....to.....WDW. His pull is soo strong
    that we don't want to leave ever, and we forget about the poor little defenseless killer
    whales, just a few minutes away.
    We feel the same. Nothing compares to our beloved Walt Disney World. I don't care how cute those whales and dolphins are. Plus I'm not big on feeding dead smelly fish to alive smelly fish!!! Don't they pay people big money to do that?!?!?
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I can't really be objective, as I haven't been to IOA, but we really enjoyed Sea World. DD and I love aquatic animals, anyway, but we paid extra for the Polar expedition tour, where we went backstage and got to pet a penguin! The highlight of DD's day!

Why has no one mentioned the Hospitality Center---free !!! OK, it's Bud, but still...
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question 32

It would be Seaworld. Living in Pittsburgh we used to go to Seaworld in Aurora Ohio every year. It was always a nice little trip, but it has been closed for quite a few years so for us Seaworld in Florida fills the void but the difference is we no longer do it every year..

Post Thanks / Like

I voted Sea World, but I can't tear myself away from WDW long enough to visit either!
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

IOA is good, but I LOVE Seaworld. Could watch the animals all day..........oh yah I guess that is what I do do at Seaworld. DS also love Kraken. We always do Seaworld one day and IOA/Universal another day, while staying in Disney.
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Post Thanks / Like

I chose Univesal Island of Adventures. I don't live too far from Sea World San Diego, which I'm visiting twice next month with family and friends. When I'm in Olrando I'll go to Island of Adventures, since that isn't out here. I've never been to Orlando's Sea World, maybe because I feel like I want to do the things that are not in CA.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for Sea World, and so far that's winning. We don't really venture offsite when we're there but when I was a kid going with my family we did. I have a hat from Sea World from when I was really little. I would rather go to Sea Word than Islands of Adventure because I don't do thrill rides and I like watching the animals of the sea.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: