Quantcast Have you checked the calendar?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Have you checked the calendar?

I find myself checking the calendar of events on the WDW website and then thinking about being there when the time comes up for that day. I guess the next logical step would be to get the video out.

Anyone else do that (or something similar)? It somehow makes it better because I can't be there. (MK opened at 9 EDT this morning, Spectro was at 9 and Wishes at 10 tonight!)
    Everybody's got a laughing place - trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes. I must admit, I do that too. I also watch the planning videos and then the family vacation videos. I am now marking my calendar with mickey ears to count down my trip in Sept!! I also look and see what the weather is for the lucky souls who are there! Then I get on Intercot and look through the menus and rehabs etc. Anything to keep the Disney juices flowing!

Did I mention that I usually have the Theme Park CDs playing too??
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

I always watch the vacation planning video. I even sucker my DH and parents into watching it with me sometimes.

Other than that, I spend a lot of time looking at Disney websites and start mentally planning where I'd like to stay, eat, etc for my next trip (even if I have absolutely no idea when that will be!).

The other day I was visiting my parents and we took out our album from our first trip (1986) and reminisced about being there. Of course, after sharing memories, we then made fun of each other's clothes, hair style, etc. All I have to say is there were a lot of short shorts going on at the parks back then - men and women!
    Beth

Past Trips: 83 86 88 89 95 97 00 03 04 06 08 (CBR, Dixie Landings/POR, Coronado, Contemporary)
    Next Trip: Feb 27th to March 7th 2010!

Post Thanks / Like

I miss the live webcams the WDW site used to have. I'd turn that on at all different times of the day.......
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

I do it too! But I'm way more guilty of watching the videos on google video! When I'm going through my "I want to go to WDW now!" or "I can't wait until March" or just generally feeling a little down they perk me right up! Especially watching Wishes!
    Melissa

4/87 offsite, 3/05 AKL, 10/06 WL, 3/08 GF, 1/09 WL, 3/09 Poly, 10/09 SSR, 1/10 AKV, 10/10 BLT, 12/10 AKV, 2/11 Poly, 5/11 BCV, 10/11 BLT, 12/11 WL, 5/12 1st Cruise on the Dream & BWV, 10/12 BLT!

"...That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reminding me -- I want to check the calendar for my dates in July and make sure nothing has changed!

Yup, watched the planning video the other night (when DH was out and wouldn't be able to make fun of me!). Now I'm opening my spreadsheet on a daily basis and checking to see what I might ahve forgotten. Once June hits I'll start packing, or at least checking to see if the girls have enough clothes for the trip.

Add all that to my weekly trips to the Disney store, lunch at the Rainforest Cafe once a month or so (including tomorrow, all by myself!), and all the podcasts and music and I think you can call me pretty obsessed. And proud of it!

TikiG
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

My brothers and I use to love watching the planning videos. We had a huge collection and when we were home the one day, my mom got ride of them all. They were so old, they had Horizons on there and old JIYI. Argh! But, yes, I've started a new collection and I love watching them! I can just imagine being there and I do check the times too! Nothing like visualizing what is happening at that very same moment down the coast!
    VMK: RoyalRoseBlue

10 trips before 2000
    2000 - All Star Sports (Senior Trip)
    2001 - CP CM @ CBR

Post Thanks / Like

We start the "ritual" about 45 days out (just a couple of weeks from now!)

- We visit the website

- I'll pop in the planning video

- We watch previous vacation videos
    and "make notes"

- I play my Disney CDs in the car. (We love the
    Disneyland soundtrack!)

- We shop for fans, suntan lotion, new gym
    shoes and Crystal Light, etc...

- Another item I try and do is DVR all the
    specials that come on the Travel Channel
    or Discovery channel.

As far as I'm concerned, a good portion of the entertainment of a Disney vacation is the buildup in the weeks ahead of time.

After all, how early do you take out your bags and start filling them???
    DL/DCA 40+ days a year 1999-2004
    10 D. CBR 6/02
    11 D. AKL 7/05
    6 D. CBR 12/05
    11 D. BWR 7/06
    11 D. POFQ (never again) 7/07
    7 D. CBR 11/07
    12 D. AKL/CR 7/08
    11 D. AKL 12/09
    12 D. BWI 6/10
    10 D. AKL 11/10
    10 D. POR (never again) 6/11
    10 D. AKL 12/11
    10 D. CBR 6/12
    Next 11D BWI 11/12

Post Thanks / Like

Default I am not alone!!

I sometimes feel as though I should join a 12 step program. Hello, my name is Donna, and I am a Disneholic. Every single one of you has mentioned something I do. Except they closed our Rain Forest Cafe. I watch the videos, the planning DVD, go to the Disney Store, plan my Itenerary on the web site (not working right now) and obsess. My husband, that loves Disney as much as I do, is getting sick of listening to me. Our trip is still 4 months away.
    Countless Disneyland trips
    May 2000 Honeymoon 1st DW Trip
    April 2001 AS Music
    May 2003 Off-site
    December 2003 AS Movies
    July 2004 Disneyland
    December 2005 AS Movies
    September 2007 Pop
    March 2009 Pop
    Christmas 2010 Movies
    June 2011 off-site
    Christmas 2012 Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Since we leave for WDW on Sunday I've been checking things and watching videos more than I usually do. Less than a week to go, I'm pumped!
    WDW:
    -Fort Wilderness: 1987-2001, 2002-2006
    total - 172 days
    -Wilderness Lodge: 1995

Last: july 2006 FW
    next: May 2007 FW

Post Thanks / Like

Default Guilty

I know that I am bad about this too. We are going for the 3rd year with my brother and his family. We call each other every day about Disney...I have every show that The Travel Channel has about Disney on my DVR...we watch the video in the car when we go anywhere...I look at Disney websites every day...I listen to theme park music on Live365 (yes it is Intercot Radio)...I have the countdown clock on my computer (yes Intercot too)...I also watch Disney stuff on YouTube...I am really glad to know that I am not the only one "obsessed" with my upcoming Disney trip.
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

Post Thanks / Like

I think most people on these boards obsess. If not, we wouldn't be here posting and discussing Disney issues.

I don't know how people contained their excitement before the Internet.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney_nut View Post
    I don't know how people contained their excitement before the Internet.
    That's a good point. I don't exactly remember, but I think it was mostly Disney music that kept me going until the next trip.

I'm getting really antsy about going back, and our next trip is still 4 months away. I've already been watching old vacation videos, listening to audio, and talking about it with DW (thank goodness she loves it also because I'm sure she would be sick of hearing about it otherwise). Plus, a couple of our friends are on their honeymoon at WDW right now so I catch myself thinking about what they might be doing at various times throughout the day. All of this is in addition to my Intercot visits. It's good to know that I'm not alone in doing all of this.
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Post Thanks / Like

Constantly checking the calendar, not only on intercot but I have my disney calendar on my wall at work. Since I now have a hardwall office with a door, I have set up my portable DVD player on the top shelf of one of my bookcases and I run the planning DVD for all to see and hear if they want to come into my office. Since it has a remote, I don't even have to get up and choose the menu selections. I AM SOOO SPOILED.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: