Quantcast old school disney'ers... a question.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default old school disney'ers... a question.

when i was a kid... we went to disney twice and both times we rented a golf cart that we could drive around the resorts that we stayed at.

when did they get rid off this luxury and why?

just curious...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Golf carts are still available at Fort Wilderness. They're a lot of fun. We've been going to Disney for many years, and I do not remember them at any other resorts. Some of my kids favorite memories are riding around on the golf carts. You do not have to be staying at Fort Wilderness to rent one, but it cannot leave the campground property. We have gone there and rented a cart for an hour or 2, it's still a lot of fun.
    Disney more times than I can remember.
    Have stayed at Fort Wilderness, Fort Wilderness Cabins, Caribbean Beach, Dixie Landings, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter and Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

I can only remember golf carts available at Fort Wilderness. I never recall them at the Contemporary or Polynesian. We never rented one. My dad made us walk everywhere.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

yeah... i wish i could remember the names of the resorts... no doubt they've changed now though. all i remember is that the rooms were a one bedroom suite and were brown (kinda like a treehouse maybe?) and we were on a golf course...

but yes.. the golf carts were fun.

Post Thanks / Like

The only resort I know of that ever rented golf carts is Fort Wilderness campground.
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

man... maybe my mind is playing with me... i never thought we stayed at fort wilderness.

i'll have to go and ask the parents now.

thanks all.

Post Thanks / Like

It could have been one of the late Lake Buena Vista resorts. I remember staying there with my family in the late 70s-early 80s, and they were on a golf course. They had tree-house accommodations that are still there. They were part of the Disney Institute for a while and now house international cast members, if my memory is serving me correctly.

I think the resorts over there have been replaced by Key West, Port Orleans, and Saratoga Springs.

Post Thanks / Like

Figment, I think you are correct. You are describing the tree house villas. I do think they may have had golfcarts also. We never stayed there. The villas are no longer open to the public. We were told they are used for international students at Disney. They were damaged some during hurricanes and they no longer pass disability rules. They do look neat tho.
    Disney more times than I can remember.
    Have stayed at Fort Wilderness, Fort Wilderness Cabins, Caribbean Beach, Dixie Landings, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter and Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

When you said old school, I thought you mean way back in the day when they opened. I don't know when the Treehouse Villas opened, but I don't even think it was in the 80s. Only thing I can think of is that you were at another resort with a golf course.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: