Quantcast 15 Days 15 Hours 15 Minutes 10 Seconds

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 15 Days 15 Hours 15 Minutes 10 Seconds

The countdown is getting close, and the kids are getting crazy. Actually, I am just as excited as they are. This is my 6th time at the World, but I have to ask, What would be the first thing you would do once you were through the gates? PetefromRI - known as "Uncle Peter Pan" in my house - you cannot answer (He's my brother, and he and his wife are going with us) Your replies will just build on our excitement and maybe give me some new ideas.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

YAY i'm going down in 18 days! lol I'm really excited! but i'll be working not playing :-( But the first thing i'm going to do when i'm a guest, is ride Buzz in tomorrowland and try to get my score up!
    “Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
    –Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I am leaving in six days (May 2) (well less because today is pretty much over, but I don't feel like doing the math) I totally have tapped out at work for the last week and have been on intercot for way more time than I am spending working.
    First Trip: 1990 Fort Wilderness Campground
    1990-2006: Annual Pass Holder
    2002: Spring WDW College Program
    2005: First Disneyland Trip
    2007: Double Tree Suites DTD
    Engagement Trip
    11/6/2007 - 11/13/09 Regal Sun Resort DTD
    Next Trip
    Honeymoon
    9/1/09 - 9/10/09 - Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

My friend and I are leaving in 15 days too!!! I was going to go solo, but I convinced my friend to come along.
    Girls weekend!!!

Kristine----Mom to David and Kassandra
    Oct 2005 DVC Members SSR
    Jan 2006 SSR
    OKW Oct 31-Nov 6 2006 shhh its a secret
    OKW May 11-15 2007 Me Time
    OKW Sep-Oct 2007 Family X-mas Gift
    DCL Jan 2009 1st cruise (just DH and I)
    Next up Oct-Nov 2009 Land and Sea

Post Thanks / Like

Default Almost there!!

We're 8 days, 18 hours, 13 minutes and 14 seconds away from our flight leaving for WDW (but who's counting)!!

It seems as though we've started a tradition of seeing Fantasmic at MGM on our first evening there. We'll try and hit whatever else we can when we arrive before the big show starts!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by one2goofy View Post
    We're 8 days, 18 hours, 13 minutes and 14 seconds away from our flight leaving for WDW (but who's counting)!!

It seems as though we've started a tradition of seeing Fantasmic at MGM on our first evening there. We'll try and hit whatever else we can when we arrive before the big show starts!!

We are 8 days, 16 hours!!! We do something different everytime when we first get there. I can hardly wait anymore. I have 4 more working nights before I'm on vacation and it's killing me

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

I'm so envious! I'm approximately 16 MONTHS, 7 days and who knows how many hours away from my next (planned) trip to the World. However, I am more than happy to imagine (once again) the first thing I will do once I'm through those gates. Now, this is actually an interesting question because you haven't really specified if we're just talking about getting on property or through the gates of a park. Hmmm...choices, choices. My first thought is I can never wait to get inside MK. For me it is the heart of WDW and going under the train station and down Main Street towards the castle just can't be topped! Even better is the fact that on this trip, in 16 MONTHS and 7 days, we will be taking our almost 3yo DD (at the time) and I can't wait to see the look on her face.

Have an awesome trip, all of you lucky folks who are leaving soon, and be sure to come back and tell us all about it!
    Grand Floridian 09/01
    Port Orleans Riverside 09/02
    Port Orleans Riverside 05/04
    Polynesian 09/09 - 10-year Anniversary/DD 3rd Bday
    Port Orleans Riverside 09/13 - 15-year Anniversary/DD 8th Bday

"There's no place like home, there's no place like home...unless you're going to Disney!"

Post Thanks / Like

Three weeks for me!!

Walk slowly down mainstreet with a goofy smile on my face...
    '76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

Post Thanks / Like

First of all...
    WELCOME to INTERCOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesticks View Post
    What would be the first thing you would do once you were through the gates?
    That all depends on which park you are going to first and what time of day it is.
    The very first thing we do, every vacation, in every park, is get our "official" family photo taken. The first time we enter each of the 4 parks on each vacation, we stop for 3 minutes and get this done. It is our family "growth chart" and it is so much fun to watch how the kids have changed in the past 16 years! And Photo Pass makes this even easier now than in years past.

We usually go to Epcot first, since that is our very favorite park. So a ride on Soarin' or Spaceship Earth is typically on the agenda, plus Illuminations!
    If you are going to the Magic Kingdom on the first day and are there at opening, I would go to Fantasyland first and do Peter Pan. Then the mountains and Buzz.
    At MGM we head to the "big 2" Tower of Terror and Rock 'n Roller Coaster. We FP one and ride the other.
    At AK, we used to grab FPs for the Safari, then go ride Dinosaur or see It's Tough to Be a Bug. Now it's Expedition Everest that's first on the list.

Whatever you choose, have fun. Relax and enjoy the parks and your kids.
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm too excited to sleep......7 days, 18 hours, 47 minutes and 45 seconds.

The first thing we will be doing is going to O'hana for my DD 16th birthday and then Wishes!!
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I am leaving in 15 days! We land around 7PM so the first thing we are going to do is go to Earl of Sandwich at DTD! In the morning we'll go to Epcot - our favorite park. We head right for character connection to see Mickey

Post Thanks / Like

We were going to go in August , but now me and my bf are gonna go in September after the HM refurb is over. I really dont want to miss that on my WDW trip, its my all time favourite attraction.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Now 13 Days 23 Hours 47 Minutes and 52 Seconds

Thanks for all the great replies

All I can think about is that smell of popcorn as I walk under the train bridge going into the MK and Mainstreet. You guys are helping the time fly. Keep em coming.

Post Thanks / Like

We don't actually "drive" thru the front gate, we come to WL from the back, past Fort Wilderness. But when we turn into WL and see that majestic lodge rise up before us, like a lighthouse to a storm-weary sailor, we know we're "home" and it's time for a little magic - Disney style!
    1975 - Off site
    1980 - Golf Resort
    1981 - Poly
    1982 - CT
    1983 - Poly
    1989 - CBR
    1998 - CBR
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

I am leaving in exactly 7 days .. My 4 year old son is excited and thats all he talks about. I myself is just as excited.. This will be my 6th trip to WDW.. I can hardly wait for next week..I will probably be counting until my goes off.. My leaves at 6:20 am. We are staying at POFQ. On our first day we are going to MK hopefully we will get to the park by 12 noon and we will stay probably until 6 or 7 pm and go back to MK the following morning..

Have a great trip... and a magical day

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]July 1996 off site
    July 2001 off site
    May 2004 AKL
    May 2005 All Star Resort Movies
    May 2006 PoP Century
    May 2007 POFQ
    June 2008 Coronado Springs Resort
    April 2010 Disney Boardwalk Inn

November 2012 Port Orleans Riverside

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: