Quantcast What makes you sad at Disney World? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    ... I feel very sad when I am in the parks, and I see a parent just berating their little child. I know what it's like - I've been there with very excited, bouncing all over the place little girls - and I know how it can get when everyone is hungry, tired and it's 90 degrees outside. But boy - if there's ever been a place I've tried to keep my cool, it's been there - I just don't think it's worth ruining a memory or an entire day. Don't get me wrong - I'm not talking about normal discipline going on that just has to happen to keep things sane - I'm talking about the parents you see who are just hollering at their kids, loud enough for all to hear, and saying mean or cruel things to them - things that just make the child hang their head. That breaks my heart, whether it's at the supermarket, or at WDW. But especially at such a magical place - it just hurts to watch.
    To me, this is the saddest thing to see. You only get childhood once, and I hate seeing such a wonderful opportunity to create a precious memory for a child (to be at WDW) being ruined.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

i get SO SO SO SAD when i have to pack up, get in the car, and head back up to the middle of nowhere and have to wait about another year to come back.
    You may leave the magic, but your heart will always be there (psst. I'm bored) (P.S. probably will be until I return to my true home {DISNEY})

Post Thanks / Like

It makes me sad to go to each park at the end of my trip and knowing that I have to wait another year to come back...
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    What makes me sad is that more children can't afford to go. That Disney is becoming more and more a destination for people with money. The kids I know who will have a sad look on their faces if I speak about my trip, because their parents will never be able to afford to take them.

That's probably not what you were looking for, but that's what I think.
    Ok, it also makes me kind of sad to see that envelope hanging on the door knob right before it's time to go home. That envelope is just an all too real reminder that my time has become very limited.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    What makes me sad is that more children can't afford to go. That Disney is becoming more and more a destination for people with money. The kids I know who will have a sad look on their faces if I speak about my trip, because their parents will never be able to afford to take them.

That's probably not what you were looking for, but that's what I think.
    Thank you.

We all need to keep things in perspective - although I personally go through similar experiences to the ones described here, when I think of people dying from a famine in Niger, or the genocide in Darfur, or even people in this very country who can't afford a house, much less a trip to WDW, that tends to make me stop going through 'withdrawal'. All of us should count our blessings that we are able to go to such a wonderful place even once.

Post Thanks / Like

Of course I feel sad when I have to leave Disney World, but I always get sad anytime I hear a siren or see emergency vehicles near the property. I always wonder is someone's dream vacation is being ruined by an accident or illness ... I feel bad for them, even though I don't know them.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Martinsville, IN 15 hrs. 22 min, 970 mi. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with the leaving - I cry when we leave - WDW makes me soooooooo happy and I feel really great when I'm there. Also knowing that when we get back home and the family will be going their different ways again (back to the routine). My husband works nights so I see less of him and the kids are off to school each day and I'm back at work (constantly thinking about when and how I can get back to WDW). It also makes me sad when people "put down" Disney when they have never been - the "thats to much money to spend on a vacation" - "your going there again" - "there's nothing there I like to do" - Well my answer is how do ya know -until you go!!!!
    December 2012 - Pop - All Girl I Wanna Go What's One More Trip
    October 2009 - POR - Grand Gathering
    Dec. 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
    August 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2005 - Pop Century

Nov. - Dec. 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2002 - Ft. Wilderness Campground - Family Reunion Trip

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing that makes me sad is having to leave!

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

The last 2 days always gets us because we always walk around the parks lazy wondering what to do next. lol
    God Bless, Jacquelyn M. Sheely
    (AKA: Jac, or Jazz)

VFK: DisneyJazzGirl
    POTC Online: Horizon SeaCastle
    VMK: GiltterDisneyGirl

WDW: Christmas & New Years 1986-1998/2002-2007
    Summer 03, 05, & 08/March 07 % Jan 09
    "NEXT TRIP" WDW 2010?

Post Thanks / Like

I get sad when I see the statue of Walt and the pictures of him and I remember that he never got to see Walt Disney World all completed

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Marker;1259661]What makes me sad is that more children can't afford to go. That Disney is becoming more and more a destination for people with money. The kids I know who will have a sad look on their faces if I speak about my trip, because their parents will never be able to afford to take them.
    QUOTE]

Isn't that the truth? We don't have kids at home anymore but we go with friends who do. It's outrageous the amount of money you can spend on food alone, much less take home a trinket or two. And don't even get me started on ticket prices! I fully believe the the Disney powers that be could reduce some of their own salaries, still pay the CM's a decent wage and lower ticket prices yet turn a profit.

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to say Wishes. It makes me happy and sad at the same time. The song really gets to me. But since someone mentioned that kids that can't afford to go, that makes me not so sad about my own experiences anymore. I never got to go as a kid, and my nieces and nephews won't because of the high prices. I'm just glad that my kids get the experience once a year and am going to try to dismiss all of my own selfishness.
    Last trips: August 06, May 07, November 08, June 09
    Next trip: May 21-30, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

I get sad on the last day we go to the parks and the last time my ticket goes through the reader. I get sad as we drive away from the parks and see the icons (Spaceship Earth, Tree of Life, etc.) fade away into the distance.
    Last trip Jan/Feb 2011 POLY
    Next trip Jan 2012 at CSR
    32 Trips to WDW Since 1997!!!

Donald Duck 224 Guest

The worst feeling is when i get off the monorail the last night and walk back to the hotel room and get soo sad.

Post Thanks / Like

I am sooo sad the day we leave WDW!! I'm leaving next week and I feel like my trip is almost over. I'm already wondering when we can go again. I think it would be less expensive if we just move to Orlando or close by
    01-93 off sight
    03-04 POP
    08-04 POP
    03-05 POP
    11-05 POP
    06-06 POR
    05-07 CSR
    01-08 POP
    07-08 POR
    03-09 ASMU
    08-09 POP
    08-10 POP
    02-11 POP

Post Thanks / Like

On our last trip, I got very sad thinking about how not all of our family was with us to share in the fun. My parents were supposed to come with us, however my dad's arthritis got so bad that he wouldn't have been able to do much. It just got me so down to think that they haven't been to WDW in 30 years!

Thankfully, he just had a sucessful hip replacement, so hopefully he and my mom will be able to come on our next trip.
    Adults are only kids grown up...

March 2013 - Beach Club
    October 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    September 2009 - Contemporary
    February 2009 - Yacht Club
    April 2008 - Contemporary/Grand Floridian
    October 2007 - DLR - GC -Honeymoon trip!
    March 2007 - Poly
    February 2006 - DLR - Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

"Leaving is the only thing that makes me sad."

Here is something I always tell my kids: "Dont be sad because its over; Smile because it happened!"
    I'd like to take credit for it, but it is a quote from Dr Seuss.

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by berri_boo View Post
    I am looking so forward to our next WDW vacation....only 221 more days left...and only 41 more days until we start booking our ADR's
    Make sure you reserve anything and everything that you want to do that accepts advance ressies. We went the first week of Dec last year and thought it would be one of the least crowded times to go. by the end of Sept. the entire WDW resort was booked solid. We tried to change a couple of things with our resort stay and was told that NOTHING was available in the entire resort. Candlelight packages go pretty quick too. They are available to book mid Aug.

Rude CMs. The man at Cinderella's castle was very rude to my DD. We had eaten late at 1900 Park Fair and didn't get to see Fairy Godmother. We went to the castle the next day to ask if we could just go in to see her for a minute and he was very hateful in telling DD that Fairy Godmother wasn't there and no she could not go in if she wasn't eating there. My DD teared up and lost a lot of magic from that. Even if there was no way to see Fairy Godmother, a little compassion and caring wouldn't be asking too much.

Leaving is very sad. I cry on the way out of MK on the last night. I walk backward and stare at the castle until I can't see it any more. This continues until the next morning when we are all loaded up and pass under the "come again" sign. By the time we reach Interstate 4, we are planning next years trip!!
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Leaving is the saddest and worst part, but for me it was working on 9-11-01. That was such a horrible and long day!
    VMK: RoyalRoseBlue

10 trips before 2000
    2000 - All Star Sports (Senior Trip)
    2001 - CP CM @ CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Knowing that I can't stay there forever.
    Tonya
    1988 Off Property
    Fall 1993 College Program
    1998 Off Property
    1999 Off Property
    July 2007 Wilderness Lodge
    Aug 2013 Off Property
    Sept 2016 AK Lodge

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: