Quantcast Just Questions...Cinco de Hold the Mayo - Page 29

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    I'm still trying to write my trip reports.... The worst stomach flu is working its way through my house -- and I have been sick as a dog since Tuesday -- couldn't even sit up to look at a computer screen.... I'm hoping if I avoid food and coffee today, I will make it through the work day!
    Jen, I'm so sorry you're feeling lousy... nothing worse than the stomach flu. I hope you're up and about, feeling better soon - I can't wait to read your trip reports!!

Quote Originally Posted by trackbarroness View Post
    So who here thinks/beleives I ought to post a picture some where of yours trully?
    Absolutely!! I'd love to be able to find you in October - or maybe recognize you from last time we were there!! My DD (then 7) rode SM for the first time - she was pretty nervous, and when she first got off, we asked her if she'd liked it and she said, "Not so much..." But - by the time we'd made it outside to where G'ma and her sister were waiting, it had become the best ride in the universe, she'd loved it and couldn't wait to go on it again!! Go figure!

I have to go to the dentist tonight. I hate the dentist -- though I have no reason to.... Actually I hate the hygenist...the dentist has never done anything to me so he's all right....
    Quote Originally Posted by dlpmikki View Post
    I have a dentist appointment for tomorrow to have a tooth removed. Today someone asked me to play tennis at a time that would clash with the dentists appointment. Well, what's a girl to do? Yup: i postponed the dentist until the end of the month and I'm playing tennis instead . I relly don't like dentists!
    You guys are my kind of girls... I'm right there with you!! Any and all excuses to miss an appt. work for me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riri529 View Post
    So, who else is enjoying this glorious day?
    Well, I'd like to say I enjoyed it outside, but I was inside our "new" house, stripping wallpaper and painting all day. The kitchen is painted, and looks great - I still have to do the trim - but the bathrooms are only stripped and still need a bit of sanding before I can paint them. I was hoping to have more done today, but projects always seem so much easier BEFORE you start!!

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    We're having a special on Drummerboy's "Super Special You Won't Feel a Thing 'Til It's Over" tonic at DDGBQ. [Note to self--Don't let anybody find out where the rum went before we used the bottles for decorating.]
    Can I get some of that for while I'm working on the house?? That way, it would seem a bit more fun while I'm working, and my back wouldn't be killing me once I get home!! Of course, not too sure how the rooms would look, but hey - I probably wouldn't care, either!

Thanks, but I had a really rough night last night. Couldn't sleep at all. My throat has really been bothering me today. Don't feel like eating. All I have been doing is drinking ice water. Still have the fever & ear pain. When will it end???? I was hoping to see another update on Christine. Hope she is feeling better than me!
    Deb, I'm sorry to hear you're feeling lousy - sending a and some your way. I hope you get a better night's rest tonight and wake up not so sore tomorrow!!

Anybody have any good plans for dinner? I'm too tired to be inspired right now...
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mtown71 View Post
    Thanks, but I had a really rough night last night. Couldn't sleep at all. My throat has really been bothering me today. Don't feel like eating. All I have been doing is drinking ice water. Still have the fever & ear pain. When will it end????
    Hey, Deb... sorry you're feeling yucky. Remember... the throat bone is connected to the ear bone. Stay ahead of the pain by taking your meds! (Better living through chemistry.)

Someone want to help me write a PowerPoint presentation tonight? I've prepared a million of these things but it's not too often that I have to write one.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weswerx View Post
    So, Rhonda, which Intercotee did you meet?
    She's only had one post, so I wouldn't expect anyone to remember her, but her screen name is Linzybrooke

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    and I was having pangs of guilt the whole time for not buying DS a ticket too.
    I haven't ordered my tickets yet. I keep forgetting.

Someone want to help me write a PowerPoint presentation tonight?
    Is there a particular subject, or can we write it on anything that we want?
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    Is there a particular subject, or can we write it on anything that we want?
    Now that would make for an interesting presentation, wouldn't it?

I'm presenting at the hospital as part of an evening about complimentary therapies; the evening forms part of a series called "Surviving Together." My little section is about support groups. The only thing I actually have down pat and am comfortable with at this point is my conclusion: "In the immortal words of Lennon and McCartney, 'I get by with a little help from my friends.'" Just in case you all didn't know it, you're definitely some of the friends who help me get by! Thanks!
    Ellen

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Not really my area of expertise. Could you work something in about support hose? No, I don't know anything about those either, but they're a funnier subject matter.

Good luck with creating your presentation!

And, I forgot earlier to throw out some more to all our sickies! Consider yourself sprinkled!
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Do you realize that it has been a whole week without even a mention of cookies on this thread? (or at least is feels that way).
    Alex

4/1976 - offsite,4/1983 - offsite,5/1999 - CaribBeach,5/2000 - CaribBeach,
    11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

Post Thanks / Like

I'm presenting at the hospital as part of an evening about complimentary therapies; the evening forms part of a series called "Surviving Together." My little section is about support groups. The only thing I actually have down pat and am comfortable with at this point is my conclusion: "In the immortal words of Lennon and McCartney, 'I get by with a little help from my friends.'" Just in case you all didn't know it, you're definitely some of the friends who help me get by! Thanks!
    If you haven't finished it yet send me a pm and I'll give you a call when I get back from tennis. For my sins I have written lots of Powerpoint presentations and may be able to help you brainstorm. Is that ok?

Alex - what flavour cookies would you like? How about maple syrup and dandelion?
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

Someone want to help me write a PowerPoint presentation tonight? I've prepared a million of these things but it's not too often that I have to write one.
    I will!! I will!! (I can't get the keener out of my system Ellen!) -- I'm really good with Organization Structures and Enterprise Risk Models.... Will that help?
    Just in case you all didn't know it, you're definitely some of the friends who help me get by! Thanks!
    SHucks! Thanks Ellen -- We like to do our part!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    Not really my area of expertise. Could you work something in about support hose? No, I don't know anything about those either, but they're a funnier subject matter.
    Thanks for the chuckle Rhonda!
    Quote Originally Posted by alpro2 View Post
    Do you realize that it has been a whole week without even a mention of cookies on this thread? (or at least is feels that way).
    I'm sorry Alex -- but today is the first day I can think about something other than water without wanting to ....
    Quote Originally Posted by dlpmikki View Post
    Alex - what flavour cookies would you like? How about maple syrup and dandelion?
    You know what ...that sounds all right. My BinL makes his own Maple Syrup (we are Canadian after all!), and they are bound to have some dandelions in a couple of weeks...Should we start a business?
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Me Me!! Sounds better then industry risk profiles to me.

Just in case you all didn't know it, you're definitely some of the friends who help me get by! Thanks!
    Your so sweet!! (have you tried googling similiar organizations to see if you can copy some stuff? Plagrize away my dear it's afterall a form of compliment if your not getting graded!
    Quote Originally Posted by alpro2 View Post
    Cause you've been gone..or is that since you've been gone....(great now I've got Kelly Clarkson stuck in my noggin)
    [QUOTE=Mickey'sGirl;1277987 You know what ...that sounds all right. My BinL makes his own Maple Syrup (we are Canadian after all!), and they are bound to have some dandelions in a couple of weeks...Should we start a business?[/QUOTE]
    I've got dandelions already..but don't you think we should make them into a salad for Alex since he's been traveling so much?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    I've got dandelions already..but don't you think we should make them into a salad for Alex since he's been traveling so much?
    And use the syrup as a dressing? (Quite nice with rasperry vinegar and olive oil....)

Post Thanks / Like

And use the syrup as a dressing? (Quite nice with rasperry vinegar and olive oil....)
    Exactly...sounds lovely to me. Flowers too?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

After reading today's 'Happy Friday' thread, I realized that we've done a disservice to poor Deb. Here she's been needing ice cream and I plum forgot to mention this week's DDPI special on and flavored (flavoured) ice creams. Can someone be sure she gets her share?

Getting cranked up for the marathon weekend: concert tonight; signing tomorrow (and DW has an oompah band gig that I'll be missing) followed by auction tomorrow night; concert on Sunday afternoon; and play rehearsal Sunday night. I'll try to come up for air somewhere in there and check in.
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. I thought I would check in before my dose of pain killers set in.

I am doing okay...probably would be better if I hadn't gotten startled Wednesday late night by a giant thunder clap...I sat STRAIGHT up in bed. That hurts my abs even WITHOUT incisions, but you can imagine how much it hurt with!

I walk around for a while before my pain killers make me lie down. I would probably be fine with just the vicadin, but since they make me sick, I have to take phenegran too, so I sleep for about 6 hours after each dose.

Thanks for all the well wishes. Deb, hope your throat is healing up well! I thought of you Wed. morning! HOpe you weren't too afraid. I was only afraid for a little bit....til the "pre-op cocktail"!

Better go for now.

Did I ask a question?
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Cause you've been gone..or is that since you've been gone....(great now I've got Kelly Clarkson stuck in my noggin)

Me too! Thanks. Now how do I turn it off?

My next door neighbors used to make dandelion salad (for real)

After reading today's 'Happy Friday' thread, I realized that we've done a disservice to poor Deb. Here she's been needing ice cream and I plum forgot to mention this week's DDPI special on and flavored (flavoured) ice creams. Can someone be sure she gets her share?
    Good luck with your marathon weekend, Ken! As for the flavored ice cream... great idea! How about some margarita sorbet?

Quote Originally Posted by cantgetenuff View Post
    Christine, so glad to see you checking in! You did a good job of training DH to post here! Take your meds and sleep... it's the best way for your body to rest and heal! We'll make up a batch of cookies for you (and the guys) for when you wake up.
    Ellen

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Me too! Thanks. Now how do I turn it off?
    What about a different one?
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

What about a different one?
    There's always the old standby, "It's a small world after all..."
    Won't that kill off just about any other song that's floating around in your head?

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

There's always the old standby, "It's a small world after all..."
    Won't that kill off just about any other song that's floating around in your head?
    Yes.... that and "Superfreak". Have a fun weekend Ken (even if it is a busy one!). Good luck on your walk Ellen! Happy recovery Deb and Christine! Hope you get some cookies Alex and Scott! Keep hiding out in SM Sandy! Have fun with your support hose Rhonda! Pick some dandelions Mikki and Nat! Wanna rootbeer float Frankie? I hope you have another glorious day Maria! Happy painting Blythe! Happy weekend everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

So what's with all of us on the thread being sick in one way or another? Anyone want to join me in crawling under the covers and boycotting life for a week or two until we all recover a bit?

Sorry I missed all the remodels lately but just let me know when we want to start the next one and I will get the backhoe fired up!

By the way, I could really use some cookies!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cantgetenuff View Post
    I walk around for a while before my pain killers make me lie down. I would probably be fine with just the vicadin, but since they make me sick, I have to take phenegran too, so I sleep for about 6 hours after each dose.
    Did I ask a question?
    Glad to see you "up" and posting... I hope you're feeling even better by tonight!! (No more thunder!) I wish the Phenergan didn't make you so sleepy... you're posts would probably be pretty funny to try to read after a few Vicadin...

Getting cranked up for the marathon weekend: concert tonight; signing tomorrow (and DW has an oompah band gig that I'll be missing) followed by auction tomorrow night; concert on Sunday afternoon; and play rehearsal Sunday night. I'll try to come up for air somewhere in there and check in.
    Good luck this weekend, Ken - hope it all goes well!!

As for the flavored ice cream... great idea! How about some margarita sorbet?
    Now THAT sounds GOOD!!
    Good luck with your walk tomorrow, Ellen - can't wait to hear all about it!

Have a fun weekend Ken (even if it is a busy one!). Good luck on your walk Ellen! Happy recovery Deb and Christine! Hope you get some cookies Alex and Scott! Keep hiding out in SM Sandy! Have fun with your support hose Rhonda! Pick some dandelions Mikki and Nat! Wanna rootbeer float Frankie? I hope you have another glorious day Maria! Happy painting Blythe! Happy weekend everyone!
    Wow - that was impressive. I'm hoping I'm done painting, for the most part - got the kitchen and the bathrooms finished today, now just for some trim touch up this wknd. Now I get to start the cleaning - yuck - I don't mind housework all that much, but am just when I have to clean up after somebody else's mess. Truthfully, the house is very clean - but I still won't feel good about it until I do the floors and windows and sinks, etc. myself. I'm not a neat-nick - just a clean freak.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    By the way, I could really use some cookies!!
    I'll be making some with my girls tonight - how does frosted gingerbread sound?? (Sorry - leftover gift mix from Christmas they've been just bugging me to do... but we could do some fun spring shapes... or maybe Disney shapes?? Anyone know how to make cookies shaped like Stitch or Br'er Rabbit?? )
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Anyone know how to make cookies shaped like Stitch or Br'er Rabbit?? )
    Uh huh. You just do like a sculptor--roll the dough out flat and cut away anthing that doesn't look like Stitch or Bre'r Rabbit. See how simple that is?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: