Quantcast Bags in the park

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bags in the park

I'm having a problem deciding what type of bag to bring while in the parks. I don't really want to carry a backpack, but I'm wondering if a purse will be to small. I have a side school type bag that is big enough, my question is what do you all use in the parks? I know most rides have room to stash them away, but what do you prefer?
    '87 Off-site
    '90 Off-site
    92 Swan
    '97 WDW Off-site
    '99 Dixie Landings
    '00 Disneyland
    '02 AKL
    WDWCP spring '04
    '07-May, POP

November 09 - POP

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have learned to travel as light as possible in the parks. I usually only have a small camera bag that has room for my camera and some trading pins.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

It depends on what you "need"to take with you. The most I used to bring was my camera bag. With kids I bring a backpack with a change of cloths and diapers for the youngest. When I am alone I go without any bags.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

I use a medium-sized messenger bag. I generally carry these with me in the park:

Camera
    Table tripod (Yes, I am a photo-nerd)
    Squeeze Breeze (in the summer, of course)
    Water bottle
    Wallet

Then a fair amount of small odds and ends and toiletries, etc...I'm generally the party's "pack-mule" so I carry whatever else we may need.

I typically have a fair amount of room left in the bag, which I like...I can throw any souvenirs into the bag and it gives me less separate things to carry and keep track of.

However, I'll admit it gets a bit heavy, so either spread out the weight (like carrying your squeeze breeze, camera, or water on a separate neckstrap), or don't carry as much as I do (for example, I doubt you'll be carrying a tripod!).

Best wishes, and have fun!
    Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time.

And for a brief moment, we have been among its many passengers.

Post Thanks / Like

We carry a small little beach-style backpack, the ones with the strings you just pull them to tighten it, its really light. It helps cause I always wear a belt so I put my digi cam in alittle belt pack thing. We just throw in our wallets and take turns carrying the bag,
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

We just bought 2 small "fanny pack" style bags from our local camping supply store. We found carrying backpacks or other shoulder bags caused us alot of back stress. One bag is larger with room for diapers for our daughter and my camera with holders for water bottles. The other is more of a hip pouch with room for wallets and the like. My son is 9 and also has a small fanny pack for carrying what ever a 9 year old deems important enough to carry with him!
    Tigerlilly
    Mommy to Parker and Laurie
    First - July 1979
    Most Recent - POFQ, April 29th 2007

Post Thanks / Like

I carry a little fanny pack in the front for both me and DH. I can fit AP, room key, cash, credit cards in the little zip pocket in the back. I fit all sorts of stuff in the front pocket - digital camera, extra batteries, sunscreen wipes, sandwich bag with Maalox and Aleve, a little bottle of Purell and even a little thing of dental floss.

This works best for us.
    Bethie aka BethieTink

DVC Member 2006 - BCV

Upcoming - Oct 09 - 1 night at AKL, 7 night Eastern Carribean Cruise on the Magic, 3 nights at BCV

Last Trip - Jan 09 - MLK Weekend at WLV

Post Thanks / Like

I only use my camera bag. I just take my rmkey/ticket with DL and credit card. I take chapstick or lipstick, Advil, gum, cell phone, extra camera battery and cards.
    My girls pack more and take turns taking a bag. They have a couple of old backpack style purses, fabric w/ drawstrings. They have to pack water and a variety of other things like a spare sweatshirt (we go in winter) and their small cameras in their cases. The end up putting several small pkgs in them throughout the day. The great thing about the little fabric bags is that they are so light and conform to the shape and size you need.
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

Sloanie, I see you're going in May--We'll be there then, too! In the heat, less is definitely more! Sometimes I use a light backpack (think little girl's schoolbag--which often comes in princess designs ), or medium size bag with a long strap to wear diagonally. Consider the fabric of the straps (rough?) as well as the width (if you're worried about tan lines...)
    Also make sure the fabric (cooler than leather) is colorfast....After a few wet rides, you may take on an Easter egg look...
    I always bring a compact, lens fluid in a lens container, spare lens, lipgloss, baby wipes(great 'cooldowner!'), camera, sample size solid Secret, ID, room key, and money in a tiny zip purse.
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a Coach swingpack about 3 years ago and its still in perfect condition--it is small with a long strap so I wear across my body or shorten the strap up and wear around my waist. I dont like to have anything to bulky on me--especially when it is hot! I have used this for WDW and when we went to Vegas (good for storing all of my loot!)
    It is the perfect size for cards, lip balm, tickets, and I can even put my sunglasses in when I am on rides.
    When you wish upon a star...
    POR, Dixie, CBR, Poly, GF, Boardwalk, AK, CSR,WL and BC
    Grand Floridian~Nov 08

Post Thanks / Like

I have a purse that is the size of a camera bag, and that is just perfect for me. I can fit my camera, some meds that I need, a little lotion, some cash and a park pass. I like to travel light, plus the bigger the bag, the more junk you accumulate, the longer it takes to get through bag check when you enter the park.

I used to carry a backpack with tons of "what if" stuff that I never, ever needed! It was too hard to drag it all over, and was a pain to store when riding some attractions!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Many people take a lot more into the parks than they really need to. What I always do is lay out on the bed everything I think I will take into the park and then only pack up half of them. This forces you to use your head and only take what you really need.

Remember, you are going into a theme park, not a desert island.

Post Thanks / Like

Something waterproof is good, or pack items in ziplocks in your bag. I still bring a stroller so I bring a zippable waterproof beach bag and put the entire families stuff into it and keep it in the space on the stroller. But if I didn't have kids I'd wear a fanny pack with chapstick, sunscreen, cash and that's about it!
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

I usually use a fanny pack but it's so unattractive with my big butt so I'm switching to either a small drawstring backpack or a small purse with a long strap to wear across my body for my next trip. I don't take much so either will work for me. I like the idea of the backpack, but the camera will be less easily accessible in a backpack so I may have to come up with another option just for the camera.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

We us the lightweight backpack with the pull strings, ours is made by Nike. My husband usually carries it, as long as you don't overload it's a very comfortable pack!

Post Thanks / Like

On our second trip we took the plunge and took nothing into the park, except a camera and some bandaids in my pocket.

When we returned with DD last summer, we did the same thing, and it makes the day so much easier! Nothing to worry about, nothing to leave behind. When she was smaller, we'd take a change of clothes, small snacks, etc and we stored them in the stroller.

When we lost the stroller, we lost the stuff, and are really glad we did. Unless you have small child, or medical concerns, you really don't much!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I like to use the soft drawstring backpack if I need to take more with me. I'm not sure if you're picky about the look of your bags, like me, but I've found some cute ones in this style! I use the Coach swing cpak bag which goes across your body (comfy and stylish) a lot or I use a wristlet. It all depends on how much you want to take with you.

here is the link to a pic of the swing pack
    {link removed per Intercot's terms of service}
    Last edited by faline; 04-06-2007 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Removed link
    Next Trip: October 19-21, 2007
    All You Need is Love

Post Thanks / Like

I used to use a backpack and a fanny pack. As my daughter started getting older and needing less (wipes, cups, etc) I lost the backpack. Now, I think I am prepared to lose the fanny pack (thank goodness!) and use my Coach wristlet. Park Ticket, cell phone, lip stick, wallet. DONE!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I have a small purse that I call my Disney purse. It has a small strap so it fits close to my body with is comfortable for me. All I bring is my camera, wallet, cell phone and chapstick. It even has front flap pockets that are the perfect size for fastpasses. I usually have my pal mickey and a water bottle cliped to my belt loops. I don't have any children yet, but I can imagine I'll be needing a lot more stuff when they come around and I'll be sporting the "pack-mule barbie" look!
    First Trip- Oct 1978 (9 months old)
    Last Trip- Everett's Summer Vacation June '10
    Next Trip- Everett's 1st Food and Wine Oct '10
    Oct 4-6
    58 trips in between

BelleBeauty Guest

I know have a small backpack that I use exclusively in the parks. It is nylon (waterproof) with a cinch top, and it has a small zipper pocket at the bottom for quick access.

It is orange, so it is easy for my party to spot me in the distance. I keep my cell phone in the little pocket and usually put my sunglasses in there on rides. I bring my wallet, camera, chapstick, travel size sunscreen, some extra bandaides, and usually some granola bars or other small snack items. The bag is great because it can expand to fit a long-sleeve shirt or various souvenirs.

Less is always more at Disney - unless you have kids - so I try to take as little as possible.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: