Quantcast Ever Had Anything Stollen From Your Stroller?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ever Had Anything Stollen From Your Stroller?

We are taking our daughter to DisneyWorld in Oct. At the time of our trip she will be 10 months. We will ahve her stroller with us to hold our personal belongings & necessities for each day in the parks. Has anyone ever had any items taken right out of the stroller while you were on the rides with your family? What should we do with our cameras while on the rides?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd definitely bring your cameras with you and store them in the pockets on the rides. The only thing that we've had stolen were our ponchos.....
    Yeah, came out of seeing characters to find our stroller and everything in it, soaked!
    Next trip - New Years 2018!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisnIse View Post
    Yeah, came out of seeing characters to find our stroller and everything in it, soaked!
    That's awful!
    Thankfully -- we have never had anything taken over several trips. We always take our valuables with us -- even the kids . Have fun!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

You know I always worry about that. Never had an issue but we only leave stuff in there of minimal values. We always bring portable fans which everyone always seems to have their eyes on. But so far they have always been on the strollers when we return.
    FatCat
    2007 Sept 7 day Western
    2007 - May ASM
    2007 - Cruise and Pop
    2006 - POR
    2006 - AKL
    2005 Contemporary
    2005 Gaylord Palms
    2005 P. Century
    2004 WL
    2003 Holiday Inn Suites
    2002 All Star Vac. Homes
    2000 POR
    1999 Car. Beach
    1997 Car. Beach
    1980 Some Red Hotel with a Pool

Post Thanks / Like

We would keep a diaper bag full of supplies (and later when DS outgrew that stage, a cooler of drinks, towels, rain ponchos, etcetera) in the basket of our stroller and never had a problem with thievery. I would not recommend leaving your cameras or other valuables in the stroller, though. Take them with you.

I would also recommend marking your stroller prominently so that it is easily identifyable - we hung a big White Sox sign on the handle so no one would confuse their Graco with ours. Due to the overzealous birds, I would also recommend some type of stroller cover or beach towel to cover up the seat while you're on attractions. Keeps the birds out and the sun won't make the plastic hot!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Yes - but what we had stolen was pretty strange. We had left our battery operated misting fan in the stroller while we went on a ride. When we got back to the stroller the fan was still there, but the batteries were gone!!! Guess someone really needed some batteries!!! It happened years ago, but I still think is was so weird. We have taken many other trips both before and after that incident and have never had anything else stolen. I wouldn't worry about it too much, but like everyone else said, I wouldn't leave anything too valuable in the stroller.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile stroller

We have never had anything stollen from our stroller either. We also always carry our valubles on rides etc with us. We also cover stroller with a rain poncho incase of sudden FL showers. I also purchase a cheap brightly colored bandana to tie on the handle so that it is easy to find in the sea of strollers. Often they are moved by the attendants to make more room so many times it want be parked where you left it.

Post Thanks / Like

Rule of thumb is "don't leave anything in the stroller that you can't afford to have stolen". I would never leave a camera, video or pocketbook in the stroller. Back when we had to use a stroller we would leave the diaper bag and jackets in there and nothing was taken.

Just remeber anyone who buys a tickets can go to a disney theme park. Background checks are not done . The person walking next to you can be criminal. You should always use caution.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

We've never had anything missing.

Best rule of thumb is to take anything valuable with you. I would leave drinks, our portable fans, diapers, wipes, sunscreen in the stroller.

But I also kept a smaller should bag that held camera's, ID, etc. When I was with the stroller, I could just hang it over the handles.

When we arrived at an attraction, I could just grap that little bag and go.

I think it was harder finding your stoller when you returned!

8/11 CSR
    8/10 - Wilderness Lodge
    2009 CSR
    2009 Ft Wilderness Cabins
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 POR
    2007 CSR
    2007 OKW
    2006 CBR
    Many offsite trips...before kids

Post Thanks / Like

While we don't have strollers, we have had ECV's...and we leave purchases and stuff in them and have never had any problems!

We do not leave wallets; money or cameras there though..

D
    1978-offsite
    December 2003-POR
    June 2005-POFQ
    February 2006-Off site
    June 2006-POFQ
    March 2007-POFQ
    June 6-13, 2008- POFQ

Next: Christmas-New Year's Disneyland or World...not sure yet, but I will be at one!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

1) There is not a rampant theft problem.
    2) Most people respect a stroller.
    3) But, remember, WDW is a public place.
    4) As such, you will get all kinds of people.
    5) Honest and dishonest.
    6) To be certain, do not leave valuables in a stroller.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

We have never had a problem either. We do bring our camera with us. We just bought a new DVD Camcorder too so that is another thing we will have to be lugging on the rides in September.

I would not worry about it too much. Have a great trip!!
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

We never had anything stolen, but then I have never left anything actually valuable. I personally wouldn't leave anything really tempting in sight (like a fan mister on a hot day or umbrella during a rain shower etc)
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beckybalz View Post
    Yes - but what we had stolen was pretty strange. We had left our battery operated misting fan in the stroller while we went on a ride. When we got back to the stroller the fan was still there, but the batteries were gone!!! Guess someone really needed some batteries!!!
    The same people must have been back in the world last September, cuz they got us , too!

DD and I came out of POTC and met up with DH and DS who had just come off Aladdin when we decided to have a in the shade. DD goes to turn on her fan and it won't work...DH says "Give it to me - you're not doing it right..." Guess what? No batteries.

I've thought about it a few times since then and decided that it takes even more nerve to lift the batteries - chances of getting caught are much higher because it takes so much longer. How would you explain taking apart someone else's fan if you were caught???

Mind you, we had considerate thieves - they even put it back together again after they'd helped themselves to our coppertops!
    Daytrip 2001
    HI FamilySuites (now Nick Hotel) 2003
    POR - 2005
    WL 2006, 2007

Cabins 2008
    Jan. '10 DS turns 5 - quick trip with Mommy at ASMo
    June '10 Grand Gathering at the Cabins
    Fall '11 POP last minute surprise
    Summer 2012 Beach Club and Cars Art of Animation

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Not at the parks, but at a Resort...

Waaaaay back in 2001, on my very-near-perfect first trip with my girls, I had my camera stolen from my stroller at POFQ.

It was near evening, the girls were getting hairwraps by the pool. Some guy came up and started talking to my younger daughter, saying how pretty she looked... he creeped me out just enough for me to walk toward her, leaving the stroller behind. A moment later, he was gone, so was the camera.

Cast Members called the sheriff. He said theft is MUCH more common at the Resorts, quite rare in the Parks. He gave a very logical reason... thieves can get into the Resorts without a ticket! He also said there are "professionals" who target the hotels, often working in teams, as was probably my case.

While I have been cautious, never had a single other issue in my nine trips since!
    Anastasia

~POP Again in 2010~

Post Thanks / Like

We've never had anything taken. I have a shoulder pouch I keep my camera, money, tickets, etc in. Is anyone else paranoid about leaving their drinks at the stoller? I have this crazy fear that someone's going to spike it. Maybe it's just me.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Never. But we've never left anything as tempting as a camera unattended, either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    Is anyone else paranoid about leaving their drinks at the stoller? I have this crazy fear that someone's going to spike it. Maybe it's just me.
    I'm with you. There are crazy people in this world and they are allowed to go to Disney. Usually we share drinks so they don't get warm. Our drinks are finished before we get on a ride. I wouldn't drink anything left in a stoller unattendended.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    Is anyone else paranoid about leaving their drinks at the stoller? I have this crazy fear that someone's going to spike it. Maybe it's just me.
    No, it's not just you. It's risky to leave anything like that unattended. You never know what possess people to do the things they do, so you're smart not to give them the opportunity.

Post Thanks / Like

My grandmother rented a wheelchair at WDW and we went inside to eat at the Liberty Tree and when we came out the chair was gone. A CM said they would go and get us a new one, but my father had already headed up that way.
    1986 Off Site
    1994 Off Site
    2001 Off Site
    2004 Off Site
    2008 Pop Century
    2011 Off Site MNSSHP

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: