Quantcast What do I need to bring!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default What do I need to bring!

we are going to be in WDW in less than 2 weeks, so I am writting my final shopping list for things that I have to bring with me (such as wipes, clothes, hats, sunglass...etc.)
    What do u guys suggest I put on my list?
    Thanks

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sunblock with at least 30 spf. Aloe with lidocaine just incase you forgot the sunblock. Hydrocortisone cream for that incesent itch. Chapstick, one that also has spf in it. Small bottle of hand sanitizer when you just can't get to a sink. A mini first aid kit with bandaids, alcohol swabs, neosporin. I buy the mini snack zip bags for the first aid stuff. You just never know.
    Crystal light tubes for the weird tasting water. Snack, gum, candy.

Hope you have a wonderful time. We'll be there in 36 days!
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinmickey9170 View Post
    Sunblock with at least 30 spf. Aloe with lidocaine just incase you forgot the sunblock. Hydrocortisone cream for that incesent itch. Chapstick, one that also has spf in it. Small bottle of hand sanitizer when you just can't get to a sink. A mini first aid kit with bandaids, alcohol swabs, neosporin. I buy the mini snack zip bags for the first aid stuff. You just never know.
    Crystal light tubes for the weird tasting water. Snack, gum, candy.

Hope you have a wonderful time. We'll be there in 36 days!
    i do like the crystal light tubes, and kool aid also has them and its nice to throw a couple in your bag to bring with you, a lot better than drinking water all day or paying for drinks
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

Post Thanks / Like

I have to tell you...the first poster is much more prepared than I was. However, we seemed to get through our trip alright. Not to say that any of the suggestions offered aren't good ones, but maybe a little overkill. I guess it all depends on who you are going with and if they are going to need first aid kits and the sorts. I guess it is always better to be safe than sorry!
    John (aka HndrdPrcnt)

DL CM 1987 - 1994
    CM WDW Trips 87,89,90,92
    CBR 1994
    Beach Club 1998
    All Stars 2000
    POP Sept 25-Oct 2 2006

Post Thanks / Like

Here's Intercot's packing list.

Something I always seem to forget and always wish I remembered is a clothespin to hold the drapes shut tight at night!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Before any vacation I always make a trip to the local Dollar Store. I always seem to find somethings that I may need and not have thought about as well as stuff like baby wipes, ponchos, batteries, plane toys etc. I also buy extra sunglasses at the dollar store (at least 2 extra per person)-the good ones seem to get lost/broken all the time but the $1 ones never do! Have a great trip (and remember: you are going to Orlando, not Mars. If you do forget something vital, I am sure you will be able to find it)

Post Thanks / Like

It really all depends what you think you will need. If you're looking at a packing list, make sure that you have enough of things like socks and underwear or the laundry soap to wash up what you will need there. Make a list of things you use daily - soap, shampoo, deodorant toothpaste, toothbrushes, make-up, etc and see what you might need to purchase in travel-sizes or just need extras of to pack away. If you take any medications on a daily basis or might need things like Tylenol, Ibuprofen, or allergy/cold medicines, make sure that you have enough - the prices at Disney will make you sick if you aren't already! Remember all those little personal things that you might need too - anything that you use on a daily basis. Don't forget batteries and/or charging cords for cameras and cell phones or any other electronics. Don't forget the camera (hey, you don't carry it everyday, you might forget it)! If you want things like sunglasses, rain ponchos, and those little personal fans, buy them at the dollar store or discount chain like Walmart so you don't have to pay Disney prices. If you have kids and plan to get character autographs, buy several "fat" pens - we've found the ones at Disney either quit working after a day or two or leak everywhere! You might also want to buy several travel activities: books, coloring books and crayons, etc. You can find packing lists for general travel all over the internet. Find one that you like or use the one here on Intercot and adjust it down to meet your needs. When you do go shopping, put everything for the trip all in one place (inside a suitcase works for me) so it's all together and you will be less likely to forget something you bought just for the trip.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto on the gum. You can't buy it anywhere on property or in the airport.

(Don't forget to spit responsibly).
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

After 15 trips, we pretty well narrowed it down to the essentials to avoid overpacking. The basics for us are...
    1. 2 pairs walking shoes (in case 1 gets wet)
    2. sunscreen/chapstick/spray aloe
    3. At least 2-3 ball hats
    4. Rain ponchos
    5. Fanny packs (we carry them everywhere)
    6. All reservation info & numbers
    7. 2 pairs of sunglasses (in case 1 breaks)
    8. kool-aid singles (for bottled water)
    9. travel packet hand wipes
    10. camera/film/camcorder/tapes(or dvds)

We each pack 1 sm suitcase ( I usually have a laundry day) and we take snacks/drinks for room. We'll pick up a few supplies @ the resort shop if necessary. Since we usually have a large group, we'll share things like detergent, food, & clothes. I also take address labels to put on my film rolls & other items in case they get lost. Don't forget any medication you need as well as basic medicine (cough or fever) if you have kids. Most of all, don't forget your sense of fun and adventure!
    1975 - Off site
    1980 - Golf Resort
    1981 - Poly
    1982 - CT
    1983 - Poly
    1989 - CBR
    1998 - CBR
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

3 things that aren't important at all until you need them:

1. Bottle opener and/or corkscrew
    2. Tweezers
    3. Earplugs
    All Star Music - August 1997 Won Trip from Pooh's Grand Adventure Friendship Sweepstakes!
    Dixie Landings - July 1999
    All Star Movies - July 2003
    Port Orleans French Quarter - April 2007
    Port Orleans Riverside - August 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Thank You guys, very good and interesting replies.
    And Marilyn Michetti, I will remember to spit responsibly
    Keep the good ideas coming.

Post Thanks / Like

On our last trip I brought a large mesh laundry bag. We hung it over the bathroom door and kept all our dirty laundry in it. Worked great, kept things off the floor and hanging it in the bathroom was great for the boys to clean up after themselves! When it was full, you either do laundry or put the dirty clothes in a suitcase to take home!

Moleskin is another great thing to bring in case of blisters.
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, I forgot to add a nightlight if you require one. We always take one just because it's nice to have a little light for those middle of the night trips to the potty when you are in an unfamiliar environment. I just get a cheapie from the dollar store - if it breaks or I forget to pack it for the return home, it's no big loss.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

If your pool people, cheap flip flops for walking to the pool area.
    Extra film or a memory card for the cameras. (Disney is just so expensive )
    An extra copy of ADR res numbers.
    DVC Member since 03 , Have been "Home" just too many times before to list. June 6 next visit.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have little ones, don't forget the sippy cups and a sponge/dishwashing liquid to wash them out at the end of the day.

Other than that, these are our top "do not forgets"... Tweezers, band aids, neosporin, sunblock and the "green stuff" in case we get burned, q-tips, washrags, ziplock bags (great for ALL kinds of things), chapstic, batteries (camera, kids toys, etc.), extra sunglasses (someone always breaks a pair- lol!) (I bring for adults and kids), addresses for post cards, cell phone chargers and a glad plug in (some rooms smell 'funny').

I also buy a variety of (store-brand) medicines in case of illness... pepto, typlenol (adult & kids), allergy (adult & kid), anti-diarreah, anti-vomiting/nausea.

Also, if you have little ones, make a card with their name and emergency info (parents, phone, health issues) in case they get lost. Laminate it and place it in their pocket.

I also head to places like Walmart, Target and the Disney Store before I head out. I pick up things to give the kids in the mornings before we head out for the day (keeps them from asking for souvenirs so often). You can find things like light-up Disney pens for $1, Disney fans for $3 at WM, Disney flashlights (Cars, Nemo & Princess theme) at WM, T and even Home Depot for $5. These are great to have at night! The kids think they're awesome (at least my boys did). I also buy things for the plane/car ride like crayons, Disney coloring books (Walmart has some really COOL "Disney art pads" with stickers, coloring pages and have a 'handle' for $5- and come in a few differnt themes: Mickey & Minnie, Mickey & Friends, etc.), Disney Adventures Magazine and Disney themed snacks (fruit chewies, cookies, etc.).

Hope that helps!
    Let us know how your trip went when you get back!!!

Post Thanks / Like

As far as clothes, I would bring one pair of jeans, at least and a sweater. You never know, you may have an off night, weather wise.

I bring probably twice as many socks as days. There's something about a fresh pair of socks on tired feet that just make them feel so much better! If you want to get nit picky, pack an extra pair for the park... a severe rain storm can soak through shoes (and bring an extra pair of those too!)... drying out or taking your shoes off at lunch w/ new socks feels great.

Bring some child scissors or some sort of clipping device. You never know when you'll need to cut something (a wayward thread, pesky tag on a toy, moleskin, tape, you never know!)

Now, with moleskin, it can get expensive. Duct tape is also something else you can use on blisters. Like I said above, whatever you use, make sure you have something to cut it with!

I always try to bring travel sized everything and leave it there when we're done.

Bring your own bottles of water or just a sport bottle. At $2.50 a pop, your free water will save you a lot of money!

If you have a lot of electronics to charge, a power strip may come in handy. If your camera uses those rechargeable batteries.. like AA's and such.. bring extras of those as well, and memory cards.

You don't want to over pack, so pack a few clothes, and pack some detergent or get the travel sized ones and wash clothes early one morning or at night. You could even take some dish detergent and use the bathtub or sink if you REALLY need to wash.

If I think of any more, I'll let you know!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

If you are going with little ones, bring a little flashlight for them to turn on in the dark rides.
    Plastic baggies, good to put cameras in on the wet rides.
    Advil-is it just me or do others get headaches from the heat/sun?
    șoșKathyșoș TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    I just found something fun for the kids at wall-Mart today. I thought I may share.
    I could not find misty fans, but I found fans that have Disney characters on them, also when you turn them on they light different colors, so I thought they served two purposes. and their less than $3.
    I hope you like the idea.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: